Game Rebalance and new SDK 389

adum

Game Rebalance and new SDK 389

Post by adum »

today i made a pretty major rebalance to the game: Grunts now only take 40% damage from Hovercraft. if you look at the top bots, they pretty much make nothing but hovercraft. the hovercraft are overpowered. discussing with other bot makers, we agreed the best fix was to make the Grunts take less damage against them. this will make Grunts much more useful, and in turn may bring Artillery into common use.

a new SDK contains this update.

happy hunting,
adum
Hephaestus

Post by Hephaestus »

Definitely a good decision.

I was considering where to take my bot next but didn't want to copy all the top bots with hovercraft spamming, now there is definitely more room for variability in tactics.

thanks for the good change. :D
adum

Post by adum »

cool, i'm looking forward to seeing new tactics =)

adum
gorzak

Post by gorzak »

I am glad this was changed, hover craft were indeed too powerful. Now to update my bot.
MerickOWA

Post by MerickOWA »

gorzak wrote:I am glad this was changed, hover craft were indeed too powerful. Now to update my bot.
Yea I'd agree. Not only were they the best average speed over the 3 kinds of terrain, but the longest attack range. A group of hovercraft could decimate anything before it had a chance to fire once.

Grunts having the shortest attack range didn't help either. Unless a grunt caught a hovercraft in the forest, it was still an even match on grass if the hovercraft ran away. The grunt would eventually catch the hovercraft, but only after taking lots of damage.
agung

Re: Game Rebalance and new SDK 389

Post by agung »

adum wrote:today i made a pretty major rebalance to the game: Grunts now only take 40% damage from Hovercraft. if you look at the top bots, they pretty much make nothing but hovercraft. the hovercraft are overpowered. discussing with other bot makers, we agreed the best fix was to make the Grunts take less damage against them. this will make Grunts much more useful, and in turn may bring Artillery into common use.

a new SDK contains this update.

happy hunting,
adum
:twisted: