My Instructions

AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

My Instructions

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Hmmmm.....

...some machine's opcodes?
...Java bytecode?
...some other programming language's virtual machine bytecode?

.....hmmmm.....
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Hope the hint is not too obscure:
Road Runner in "Wile E. Coyote" says it all the time...
kaste

Post by kaste »

I've been looking at this for ages and haven't got a clue.
My first hunch was binary for some architecture, ARM seems to fit, but the all the refernce manuals I found are 404ing, so i hope that's not it.

As for the Road runner comment, that really has me confused, beep codes would suggest it's a BIOS fragment to me, Meep Code is something about computing modells of metals.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Which architecture sounds like meep? :)
kaste

Post by kaste »

Thanks, i guess that helps me. The pronounciation is pretty far out even for a German.

I considered this possibility before, but i let myself get confused by the first instruction. Its type wasn't insensible in itself, i just didn't expect it there, but now i translated it fully and it falls together. Thanks a lot.
eduarrrd

Post by eduarrrd »

I'm having trouble with this challenge.

I'm pretty sure what architecture it is. If I replace the unknown values (8 of them) with NOPs and the branch addresses with labels, I get a chunk of text showing that I'm very far off something like "Thank your for solving". However, most of the message is garbled. I was able to reconstruct the quote by fixing a few values in the code, but for the second half I have no idea and the "the answer is" part is ambiguous (multiple fixes can lead to this part).

Am I even supposed to go this far? Or should I have seen the answer text right away?