How Can i Get A Unique IP with Free web hosting site ...

Discussion about hacker.org's server
daniall33

How Can i Get A Unique IP with Free web hosting site ...

Post by daniall33 »

when ever i open my free hosting site with IP an Error comes .. but when i open it with URL it works fnie ... please tell me the solution ASAP .. thank you
D@|\|I@L
malachi

Post by malachi »

short answer: you can't, most certainly not for free. If you need this, look into getting a VPS (not free)

longer answer: what you have is what's known as "shared hosting". What this means is that there is a single host, with a single IP, hosting a lot of websites. The HTTP request that your browser sends out is sent to the target IP, and contains a "HOST" parameter. In the general case, this is whatever you typed into the URL box. These shared hosting servers look at the HOST parameter, and use it to figure out which website to serve.

example:
lets say your website's ip is 1.2.3.4. This host has:
yourwebsite.com
anotherwebsite.com
yougettheidea.com

when you type "yourwebsite.com" into your browser, it sends an HTTP request to 1.2.3.4 with the "HOST yourwebsite.com" HTTP header. When 1.2.3.4 receives this, it checks the HOST header, sees "yourwebsite.com" and serves up the files associated with that website. If instead you type "1.2.3.4" into your browser, it'd send an HTTP request to 1.2.3.4 with "HOST 1.2.3.4" -- your host would receive the request, but have no way of knowing what files to serve.

Fun activity: see who else is on your shared host. Head over to Bing (urgh, yes I know, but afaik Google does not have this feature) and search for:
ip:1.2.3.4
(obviously replacing 1.2.3.4 with your website's IP). Note this list is not necessarily complete -- it's just what Bing has managed to index so far

Hope that helps!
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.