how do script kiddies become script kiddies?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
e-bit

how do script kiddies become script kiddies?

Post by e-bit »

how can someone with no knowledge hack? why doesnt everyone just start out just using tools and learning how they work?
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

and if that happend who would make the tools in the first place and don't forget that security experts always finds the flows that the tools use and fix them so you always need someone who really understands what's there underhood and develops the tools!

but after all I would like to hear from someone who knows better :)
--
CSiD

Post by CSiD »

hacking is doing something new, causing damage is merely cracking... why do you want to become a knowledgeless vandal?
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

CSiD wrote:hacking is doing something new, causing damage is merely cracking... why do you want to become a knowledgeless vandal?
good point of view, thanks!
--
e-bit

Post by e-bit »

i am no vandal. i was just wondering if learning how tools worked would be a profitable approach. i have no interest in hurting peoples belongings. i just wish to be knowledgable.
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

e-bit wrote:i am no vandal. i was just wondering if learning how tools worked would be a profitable approach. i have no interest in hurting peoples belongings. i just wish to be knowledgable.
great goal to hunt for but I believe that learning these tools wouldn't help you achieving it at all
--
e-bit

Post by e-bit »

ok, so you learn how computers function and react with eachother, then learn how to manipulate that system with programs you write? right? so i just need to continue to learn what i can and try to put the pieces together