Didactic RGB

indigochill

Didactic RGB

Post by indigochill »

Okay, this one's been a bit frustrating... I thought I was being clever just grabbing the RGB value with an eyedropper-like tool, but turns out that's completely useless because it will produce different results depending on how I have my monitor calibrated.

I guess it'd technically be possible to brute-force the answer considering it's only 9 digits and not all of those are likely solutions, but I'm curious about the process of analyzing an image. Any nudges in a general direction about where I could learn more about this? I use C, specifically.
tails

Post by tails »

Hi,

There are some C libraries that handle images. But, if you are really interested in understanding images, then I first recommend you to learn some major image file formats. It should be fun. BMP and TGA are relatively simple ones, so I think you can start with one of them.

Well, I solved this challenge with Photoshop...
Masti6

Post by Masti6 »

tails wrote:Hi,

There are some C libraries that handle images. But, if you are really interested in understanding images, then I first recommend you to learn some major image file formats. It should be fun. BMP and TGA are relatively simple ones, so I think you can start with one of them.

Well, I solved this challenge with Photoshop...
Solved this with GIMP. Just picked the color, took the values, blablabla...
Sorry, can't actually say it.
I've written a pretty flashing tip on this topic
pyro3o7

Post by pyro3o7 »

Masti6 thank you thank you thank you I didnt understand that tip you had on the other topic at first but when it came to me I was kinda angry I needed any help to begin with :(.