Looking for some help.

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Ace101

Looking for some help.

Post by Ace101 »

I recently started getting into IT, I've started literally from the bottom up, though. It's been about 1 Week of reading and practical work but I've come from learning CMD Prompt (The bottom in my opinion). To studying and learning a programming language (I've chosen C++ And will be self-educating myself with it). However right now I'm reading about packets, encryption and decryption so here is a list of what I'm currently tinkering with.

I'm using WPE To decipher packets to their ASCII Format. I am NOT using any private keys, just getting used to the ASCII Character maps (Hex, decimal excetera) before moving onto locating and using private-keys and hash algorithms. I only have vague knowledge of that so far however.

I'm also in the middle of compiling openssl but I'm stuck, I'm not sure how I would use or install the DLL's yet (I've looked but it seems that my computer is blocking the exe file that came with the source). When I've installed it I'm hoping to learn how to use it correctly to make my own private keys for packet decryption (I don't intend to do this for malicious intent I just feel if I get the source on as many different programs as possible that I would learn a lot about how they all work and such).

-

I'm looking for help in areas such as: Where would be a good place to start, what would be the best language to learn (I'd assume the answer is HTML But I could be surprised).

Besides that I'm not sure whether this is the place or not for an introduction so I wont make one.
diogenes911

Post by diogenes911 »

C++ first but i would take a look at regedit you learn a lot of varibles good luck
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

To learn programming a good language to start with is Python ( python.org ) . C++ Is more advanced and not as forgiving. HTML is good to know especially if you want to create web pages. Its pretty easy and can also give you a little bit of understanding with programming. I wouldn't necessarily suggest messing around in youe registry (regedit) because if you don't know what your doing and you remove or change the wrong thing you can run into real problems. Looking around is ok i guess but I don't suggest doing anything beyond that unless you know what your doing.