Can anyone give me some help?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
LWSL13

Can anyone give me some help?

Post by LWSL13 »

Hi,

Basically my friend came to me asking for some help for his friend and I didn't really know what to do but maybe somone on here will know. Situation is :

Girls ex-boyfriend downloaded a password hack program (i've never found one that works =S) and has got in to her email and FB and is treatening to send 'intimate' pics to all her contacts if she doesn't get back with him. I thought nice and simple go out with him for a bit, copy a virus on to the computer and wipe his HDD, but he has the pics saved on to his email account. He has changed the passwords and secret questions of both accounts so she can't get back in, and if he has this password finding program there isn't much one can do because he can keep on finding the password.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Last edited by plope0726 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Last edited by plope0726 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BerryTheWest

Post by BerryTheWest »

Certainly a script kiddie. Perhaps report to the Email provider and explain your situation and they will discuss with you. If successful, they'll ban and delete the person email and I strongly suggest you to get a strong password for your own security.

30 -> 50 characters long including alphabetical characters, numeric characters, and special characters. Just type it out on a text file, because it is very difficult to get it through the internet to your computer. It will take basically forever to break the code.

I hope you can resolve the problem with your ex-boyfriend. If you have the evidence of your situation, proven threat, and your ex-boyfriend live within the country you're in. Then you have the right to report to the police about this threat. Perhaps have your parent resolve this situation with you by walking up to ex-boyfriend to resolve the situation.

I hope this helps and hope you have a way to resolve the situation.
The Assistant of the Clan. The White Orders.
Ace101

Post by Ace101 »

BerryTheWest wrote:Certainly a script kiddie. Perhaps report to the Email provider and explain your situation and they will discuss with you. If successful, they'll ban and delete the person email and I strongly suggest you to get a strong password for your own security.
Well now, the above is most likely your answer...

If this is concerning incriminating pictures, that is illegal. It's black-mail.

Also, since nothing online is safe, just remember that when you're uploading these kinds of things to sites and e-mails. Sure if you want to keep those things on your computer, that's fine. Just be sure to keep them safe in an offline HD ;)