Alterting Profile Settings, "this is not the way in&quo

Discussion about hacker.org's server
ThortonB

Alterting Profile Settings, "this is not the way in&quo

Post by ThortonB »

After changing the style this forum is displayed under from the default, I found I could no longer make changes to my profile information, in that when I hit the submit button, it sent me to a page that simply displayed the text, "this is not the way in". The led me to several possible conclusions:

1. It's a test a la the registration form, that is, testing to see if you can figure out how to alter your profile.
2. It's a cunning message designed to inform would-be-hackers that their attempts to get in through the registration form is futile, and in fact infantile.
3. The submit button is broken (similar to 1 but not meant to be a test, just some error that needs to be fixed)

In eager expectation of your insight,

Thorton
0.Dark.Thought

Post by 0.Dark.Thought »

Hahahahahahahaha

Another prey of this evil scheme!!!
:lol:
I've had this problem for the past 3 months with no hope. I've done everything from totally re-directing the source to changing everything I don't want in the source. After all this I now have a new problem: When I change the submit values ("hackersubmit" as in the registration trial) and all the href's, it tells me to re-login. I do so and it takes me back to the original profile edit page, without the "hackersubmit". I reopen the HTML file with the redirected source again and it tells me

Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form
I'm still stuck here because after this it's a repetative and endless cycle of the before processes.

So we're both stuck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
ThortonB

Post by ThortonB »

Ah, alas, for subSilver < AcidTechGreen. I guess the moral of this story don't fix it if it isn't broken. Although, it would be an ironic conclusion to draw from these events given that the initial problem is resultant from something broken.
0.Dark.Thought

Post by 0.Dark.Thought »

ThortonB wrote:Ah, alas, for subSilver < AcidTechGreen. I guess the moral of this story don't fix it if it isn't broken. Although, it would be an ironic conclusion to draw from these events given that the initial problem is resultant from something broken.
IDk. I've consulted with like 4 different users who are all good with what they're doing and they had no idea what to do. I've gotten used to it by now but I definitely yearn for AcidTechGreen. :lol: :lol: :lol:
PaRaDoX1

Post by PaRaDoX1 »

same problem here. i just created a new account and learned not to do stupid things >.<
bekarazu tazuneru.
Trogue

Post by Trogue »

i want a picture but i cant GRR!! :evil:
XamdMaster

Post by XamdMaster »

Trogue wrote:i want a picture but i cant GRR!! :evil:
What picture are you looking for? I'm decent with Photoshop maybe I can help.
Just PM what you want and ill do it.

(and yes resizing and modifying, really easy but maybe your to lazy) :wink:
Can you control your hiruko?
0.Dark.Thought

Post by 0.Dark.Thought »

0.Dark.Thought wrote:
ThortonB wrote:Ah, alas, for subSilver < AcidTechGreen. I guess the moral of this story don't fix it if it isn't broken. Although, it would be an ironic conclusion to draw from these events given that the initial problem is resultant from something broken.
IDk. I've consulted with like 4 different users who are all good with what they're doing and they had no idea what to do. I've gotten used to it by now but I definitely yearn for AcidTechGreen. :lol: :lol: :lol:

IT'S FIXED!!!!!!