Interface, your opinion.

Discussion about hacker.org's server
WhiteKnight

Interface, your opinion.

Post by WhiteKnight »

I was working on this product for quite a while... probably around 5-6 months and written 10,000 lines of code. Console POWER is unofficial name of this product from concerning of copyright/trademarks. So don't worry about the title please. It is my first attempt at making a real time product for sell. Other than that I was in deep concern about how my software looks. I tried to bring an environment for computer users to have an unique experience, but is it overrated?

Tell me what you think of this? If you want, tell me what color it would improve the outcome of this product. Please and thank you for your time. :)

FSHer

Re: Interface, your opinion.

Post by FSHer »

WhiteKnight wrote:I was working on this product for quite a while... probably around 5-6 months and written 10,000 lines of code. Console POWER is unofficial name of this product from concerning of copyright/trademarks. So don't worry about the title please. It is my first attempt at making a real time product for sell. Other than that I was in deep concern about how my software looks. I tried to bring an environment for computer users to have an unique experience, but is it overrated?

Tell me what you think of this? If you want, tell me what color it would improve the outcome of this product. Please and thank you for your time. :)
it looks not so cool,but would you mind tell me what it used for?real time compiler? I'll admire you if you program a compiler in 10000 lines codes. I guess it was written by winAPI? I deem that the traditional color can make users feel good just like change context white and what about a cool logn?
A programmer
WhiteKnight

Re: Interface, your opinion.

Post by WhiteKnight »

FSHer wrote:
WhiteKnight wrote:I was working on this product for quite a while... probably around 5-6 months and written 10,000 lines of code. Console POWER is unofficial name of this product from concerning of copyright/trademarks. So don't worry about the title please. It is my first attempt at making a real time product for sell. Other than that I was in deep concern about how my software looks. I tried to bring an environment for computer users to have an unique experience, but is it overrated?

it looks not so cool,but would you mind tell me what it used for?real time compiler? I'll admire you if you program a compiler in 10000 lines codes. I guess it was written by winAPI? I deem that the traditional color can make users feel good just like change context white and what about a cool logn?
I didn't finish with the spec and information about the product and I'll get it done eventually. :)

I'll try to list it out
canine

Post by canine »

What does it do?
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

canine wrote:What does it do?
It does a lot of things still working on that document... xD
canine

Post by canine »

WhiteKnight wrote:
Oh, well, it's hard to give specific advice on it without knowing what it does.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

canine wrote:
WhiteKnight wrote:
I'll try my best explaining this.

It is basically a improved version compare to Command Prompt which were my first goal. Feature it contains are:

Network communication, it have hosting and connecting feature in TCP/UDP protocols.

Drawing feature(still working on some bugs), allowing you to draw on ANY application interface, I'm not kidding just about any, including game screen!

Database feature, you can do about anything on all 6 types of database including SQL, MySQL, and other versions.

Performance feature, list all the performance that is going on your computer and you can specific on a counter to read what it does and it value.

Process feature, you can list the process and even kill a process if you like.

Compiler feature, this contain a small compiler allowing you to compile a code into C# or VB.

Console feature, it more like I/O features, some basic control of how you want the Console POWER to looks, and more.

Speech feature, allowing you to have computer speak a message for you.

Oh about the drawing feature, I just grab a handle value, and seems to work every time.

Hope that explain a bit.
canine

Post by canine »

WhiteKnight wrote:
canine wrote:
WhiteKnight wrote: It does a lot of things still working on that document... xD
I'll try my best explaining this.

It is basically a improved version compare to Command Prompt which were my first goal. Feature it contains are:

Network communication, it have hosting and connecting feature in TCP/UDP protocols.

Drawing feature(still working on some bugs), allowing you to draw on ANY application interface, I'm not kidding just about any, including game screen!

Database feature, you can do about anything on all 6 types of database including SQL, MySQL, and other versions.

Performance feature, list all the performance that is going on your computer and you can specific on a counter to read what it does and it value.

Process feature, you can list the process and even kill a process if you like.

Compiler feature, this contain a small compiler allowing you to compile a code into C# or VB.

Console feature, it more like I/O features, some basic control of how you want the Console POWER to looks, and more.

Speech feature, allowing you to have computer speak a message for you.

Oh about the drawing feature, I just grab a handle value, and seems to work every time.

Hope that explain a bit.
Hmm...

I see.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

WhiteKnight wrote:
Heh I thought might receive some advice. :P
skragglies

Post by skragglies »

It's kind of matrixy looking. I think it'd be pretty sweet if you could get a screen of it in action. Have some dialogue in each window. Kind of show off the functions a little more.
0.Dark.Thought

Post by 0.Dark.Thought »

skragglies wrote:It's kind of matrixy looking. I think it'd be pretty sweet if you could get a screen of it in action. Have some dialogue in each window. Kind of show off the functions a little more.
I agree, Altough I will say that the idea of an almost "new" CMD with other features (e.g. process killer) is pretty sweet. I think if you could have updates for it once you released it (e.g. better compiler) that would keep it steady. But I think a better screenshot with more features runnig would help.

But Either Way, I Can't Write Anything Even Close To That Soo If It Works, Good Job From A Noob's POV.
Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
canine

Post by canine »

I think that this is reinventing the wheel in alot of ways.

You can do most or all of those things using other tools, other tools which are already implemented and thoroughly tested.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

canine wrote:I think that this is reinventing the wheel in alot of ways.

You can do most or all of those things using other tools, other tools which are already implemented and thoroughly tested.
Yep that is completely correct. :)

I am trying to put all of these tools into one by reinventing the wheel. The main feature of that software is portability.

Sometime it gives more information than other tools for an example: Database.

All in all.... yep it is completely reinventing the wheel.
canine

Post by canine »

WhiteKnight wrote:
canine wrote:I think that this is reinventing the wheel in alot of ways.

Yep that is completely correct. :)

I am trying to put all of these tools into one by reinventing the wheel. The main feature of that software is portability.

Sometime it gives more information than other tools for an example: Database.

All in all.... yep it is completely reinventing the wheel.
Well, reinventing the wheel, in most circumstances, at least, is not particularly good. What I'd suggest, is that you take existing tools and combine them into one.

So, you can write code to access a database. And you test it thoroughly and when all is said and done, there's still another program or library that does what you just did, but better. You've wasted a bunch of time when you could've just incorporated that code into your project.

So, rewrite when you have no access to source or there is no existing program, and just reuse where there is.