Cant del prank file

Discussion about hacker.org's server
d927

Cant del prank file

Post by d927 »

Theres a file on my computer called cd.vbs and i can't delete it. :( :( now i know its a prank program, and judgeing by the name and what iv'e been able to glanse of the script before it closes out it's made to open/ close/open/ close/open/ close/ my cd drive. (it can't run because it gets blocked) someone help me del it.

note, i am not an admin, nore do i have acsses to a admin account. i don't know how to accses the built in one.
Grand_Master

Post by Grand_Master »

Try using the SYSTEM account.

start --> run --> cmd

Then input:

at hh:mm /interactive taskmgr
(hh:mm = current time + the time you need for the operations below)

Then ctrl + shift + del, to open the task manager.
From there close the explorer.exe (in processes) and the taskmanager itself before hh:mm.

When both explorer.exe and the taskmanager is closed and hh:mm occurs, the new taskmanager will start "outside" any account (SYSTEM).
From this taskmanager you can start explorer.exe, again (File --> New Task --> 'explorer.exe'
Then this explorer.exe also will be run by SYSTEM.

From there you got a lot of permissions, even to things the administrator can't reach (by "normal" methods")
"Learn, grow, teach."
d927

Post by d927 »

Thanks, i tried looking for the answer in other places, but they all involved useing the built in admin account, witch i don't have on the comp any more
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

d927 wrote:Thanks, i tried looking for the answer in other places, but they all involved using the built in admin account, witch i don't have on the comp any more
Sigh... this is a rare chance that I have to let you in a secret... and yes it a sin to my creed to use it, so I didn't use it.

Go Here

It have no spyware, virus, or malicious software. It simply unlock a file and you can select a specific function such as deleting, moving, or ect...
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

and what creed may you have taken whiteknight?

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

PaRaDoX wrote:and what creed may you have taken whiteknight?
8 Different creeds....

It is hard to explain and it is pretty much become a law to me right now.
d927

Post by d927 »

WhiteKnight wrote:
PaRaDoX wrote:and what creed may you have taken whiteknight?
8 Different creeds....

It is hard to explain and it is pretty much become a law to me right now.
And exatly why would you take a creed? besides if you wana get technical aboutit a creed can be broken under sertan situations, but an oath is differant. :roll:
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

Lets say this is an old promise to my mentor...

:)
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

mentor? lol lucky. i have to be self taught. but learning japanese is really cutting into my time for learning more about computers :(

WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

PaRaDoX wrote:mentor? lol lucky. i have to be self taught. but learning japanese is really cutting into my time for learning more about computers :(
It took me 4 years to find one. =) Don't worry it is hard to do though.
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

hah, ill keep that in mind. :P

Downstairs

Safe Mode?

Post by Downstairs »

Theres a file on my computer called cd.vbs and i can't delete it. now i know its a prank program, and judgeing by the name and what iv'e been able to glanse of the script before it closes out it's made to open/ close/open/ close/open/ close/ my cd drive. (it can't run because it gets blocked) someone help me del it.

note, i am not an admin, nore do i have acsses to a admin account. i don't know how to accses the built in one.
Have you tried to boot in safe mode? ( pressing F12 multiple times untill the boot meny shows up and then select 'Boot with secure mode'

Then just delete it. I'm not sure that you can start it in secure mode if you're not the admin but give it a try
::Downstairs
d927

Post by d927 »

I allready used this to get rid of it but thanks for the idea. i tried that before hand but it didn't work
Grand_Master wrote:Try using the SYSTEM account.

start --> run --> cmd

Then input:

at hh:mm /interactive taskmgr
(hh:mm = current time + the time you need for the operations below)

Then ctrl + shift + del, to open the task manager.
From there close the explorer.exe (in processes) and the taskmanager itself before hh:mm.

When both explorer.exe and the taskmanager is closed and hh:mm occurs, the new taskmanager will start "outside" any account (SYSTEM).
From this taskmanager you can start explorer.exe, again (File --> New Task --> 'explorer.exe'
Then this explorer.exe also will be run by SYSTEM.

From there you got a lot of permissions, even to things the administrator can't reach (by "normal" methods")