Monotizing?

Discussion about hacker.org's server

How do you feel about monotization?

I hate it! What an annoyance to look at!
13%
It's ok but the site would be best without them.
13%
I would be ok with a few ads to support the site.
38%
Do it. Now. I need new equipment from newegg.com
38%

Total votes: 8

joelstad

Monotizing?

Post by joelstad »

I noticed that there is one little Google Adsense ad on the front page of the website but there aren't any other ads anywhere else. Some prefer to not have any advertisements on their site at all (and I did as well, at one time) but there is a potential for money to be made here. You have a great domain and enough traffic to at least the landing page and the forums landing page to generate a decent amount of money.

This money could be used to pay for a dedicated server (hint, hint) or other things that may cost money later (Image gallery? Bandwidth? Disk space for file storage? Prizes?).

I do pretty good with the ads on my site and I would dedicate myself to clicking a few ads here each day if need be. On average I use at least 5 different machines from 5 different addresses and I'm often mobile with my laptop doing work as well. Myself alone would generate $5-$8 a day. If others here would toss in a click or two it'd be a decent revenue each month.

Just a thought...

A quick idea for a prize that would energize me to play the puzzles: Gift certificate for Newegg.com. You could send that to me via e-mail, nothing personal required...

--Joel
________
vapor genie vaporizer
Last edited by joelstad on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
joelstad

Post by joelstad »

Oh yeah, I almost forgot: Almost every page in this forum has page rank with Google. They know about it and they're sending traffic this way. Offer articles, tutorials, guides and more on any of the pages and you'll probably be indexed within a couple of days. That'd just increase traffic more increasing the chances of successful clicks.

--Joel
________
Toyota F3R
joelstad

Post by joelstad »

Yeah, I posted this about an hour ago and it achieved page rank 3 already.

...and has had 7 views.

--Joel
________
Honda CBF500
azer89

Post by azer89 »

ads???

i think it's okay.........
joelstad

Post by joelstad »

39 people looked at this and 3 people voted. Awesome. Don't stress yourselves guys... ;0)

--Joel
________
Mercedes-Benz Vario history
joelstad

Post by joelstad »

Does anyone else have an opinion?

--Joel
________
herbalaire reviews
Last edited by joelstad on Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
athlete501

Post by athlete501 »

totally up for it. as long as they arent EVERYWHERE. but like at the bottom of the page and maybe a lil on the sides. change the format not to be the extended one. it would work.
joelstad

Post by joelstad »

Yeah, everywhere can get old quick. I like the text links from Google most; the flashy ads that tell me I'm more of a winner than I already am annoy me. I wouldn't suggest putting those on the site but I wouldn't mind seeing a few more text based ads to help out.

Traffic continues to grow...now is the time.

--Joel
________
make a vaporizer