Hello All

Discussion about hacker.org's server
InDecline

Hello All

Post by InDecline »

Well I'm new to the fourms as you might have guessed, been reading some c/c++ books and tried some python, i really enjoy creating things and making visual displays. I hope this doesnt come accross bad >.> Please can you guys help me with your wide knowladge and such :P tyvm for taking the time to read this.
The_Dark_Avenger

Re: Hello All

Post by The_Dark_Avenger »

InDecline wrote:Well I'm new to the fourms as you might have guessed, been reading some c/c++ books and tried some python, i really enjoy creating things and making visual displays. I hope this doesnt come accross bad >.> Please can you guys help me with your wide knowladge and such :P tyvm for taking the time to read this.
reading is not enough. learn a) more programming languages 2) programming
InDecline

Post by InDecline »

ok, thank you for the reply, any suggestions or must-do's ?
sky

Post by sky »

If you like graphics programming and want to learn C/C++ i would suggest (gradually) writing a (simple) raytracer (learning how it works and the theory behind it should be part of the fun (google helps as always)... i mean don't ask "how do i do that ?" help yourself :P i assure you the results are really worth of the effort :) )

hoping i'm not starting a flame... if you still don't know any programming language i would suggest ruby in place of python (this is MY opinion)
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

If you want a serious programming language, use C#. Python is just a toy for linux people :) (didnt mean to upset anyone, meant it in a half joking way)
Kilo

Post by Kilo »

sky wrote:If you like graphics programming and want to learn C/C++ i would suggest (gradually) writing a (simple) raytracer (learning how it works and the theory behind it should be part of the fun (google helps as always)... i mean don't ask "how do i do that ?" help yourself :P i assure you the results are really worth of the effort :) )

hoping i'm not starting a flame... if you still don't know any programming language i would suggest ruby in place of python (this is MY opinion)

yes ruby is new and easy i would recommended it as well.
thous in need of help let me know and ill do my best to advise you Remember i am not fault for damge you cause this is for learning Purposes only!!! visit http://nongkrong.team-forum.net/
sky

Post by sky »

Allosentient wrote:Python is just a toy for linux people :) (didnt mean to upset anyone, meant it in a half joking way)
Completely agree :lol:

... and i have to admit that the new "FP like" features of C# 3.0 are really interesting
InDecline

Post by InDecline »

Wow thanks for all your help, in like 5 posts ive learnd so much :D , so python is a waste of time? i have ubuntu 7.10 and 8.04 running around, which would you suggest (or) should i get something else/another program?
Xeyes

Personally

Post by Xeyes »

When it comes to linux I use backtrack
But I don't use it to program lol
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Allosentient: I feel the same way about C#, only s/linux/Windows/ ;-)
InDecline

Post by InDecline »

ok well :S i seem to have alot of options, im very gratefull - so thanks everyone :p
jack krauser

Post by jack krauser »

InDecline wrote:ok well :S i seem to have alot of options, im very gratefull - so thanks everyone :p
and of course don't forget to try slackware 12.1

believe me you will love slackware :wink:
hacker is a life style. its one that alters how you think, you perception of reality, your way of dealing with things in general, as well as things so common as how you talk, how you carry yourself, and even when and how long you sleep.

by Loyal_Dark
InDecline

Post by InDecline »

Never heard of that before. I'll look into that, thanks jack
Kilo

Re: Personally

Post by Kilo »

Xeyes wrote:When it comes to linux I use backtrack
But I don't use it to program lol

i love back track and am to using it.
thous in need of help let me know and ill do my best to advise you Remember i am not fault for damge you cause this is for learning Purposes only!!! visit http://nongkrong.team-forum.net/
Napster

C#?

Post by Napster »

Hey Guys,

I hate to sound like a total n00b here but, what is C#? Is it any different to C++??

Thanks, sorry to post a question in a question :( Thanks in advance though