help on running a command via website page!

Discussion about hacker.org's server
athlete501

help on running a command via website page!

Post by athlete501 »

how can i have someone visit a webpage and it automatically runs a command prompt command? i mean activex controls, yes. but idk the code for it. maybe theres a certain command for php?? idk hellllp!
Hacksign

Post by Hacksign »

the attack usually operated with some IE or Firefox bugs

u can made a page that include a exploit code
when vistors open this page,the code is executed
Captain Segfault

Re: help on running a command via website page!

Post by Captain Segfault »

athlete501 wrote:how can i have someone visit a webpage and it automatically runs a command prompt command? i mean activex controls, yes. but idk the code for it. maybe theres a certain command for php?? idk hellllp!
To be clear, you shouldn't be able to do this without the browser asking the user. That would be a major security hole. For a fully patched box, an ActiveX control is about the best bet because a clueless user might just allow it. (the "social engineering" approach) Otherwise you need to exploit a bug in the browser, which will only work with an unpatched browser...

Also, note that php has no special power here! It just generates HTML (or whatever) that gets sent to the browser. The user does not actually see any php. You could use php to code something up that would dynamically pick the exploit code to display based on the user agent string that the user's browser sends...
athlete501

Post by athlete501 »

ya but i've seen code at php.net saying like shell_exec and w/e. but it hasnt worked for me yet. so idk.

thanks though
Captain Segfault

Post by Captain Segfault »

Typical PHP excutes on the server. "shell_exec" probably runs a command on the server.