Top Hackers

Discussion about the puzzle system.
adum

Top Hackers

Post by adum »

as you may have noticed, the front page contains a list of the site's "top hackers." these points are earned by doing well in the various puzzles. if you're top in a particular puzzle, you'll be awarded 100 points, and it goes down from there. (you can get some points even if you're not in the top 10.)

the points are recalculated hourly.

this system will likely be improved/amended in the future. suggestions welcome.

adum
MaxistXXL

Post by MaxistXXL »

I think, you should give Points not by the place in the toplist but by the level reached.
If someone finds an algorhytm that solves a NP-Problem and is way ahead other competitors, it is maybe a good idea to give him more than 100 Points (or less to the other).
War is terrorism, but with a higher budget.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

These are some good challenges. I look forward to competing with you after I complete some of the work I'm currently doing.
Fuzzy Screen

Post by Fuzzy Screen »

I thinks thats a good idea but you coulld do the tougher the puzzles the more points the hackers earn and at the end thats when you can decide or is the top hacker
gian_336

Post by gian_336 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: you guys all want the points huh??..the more the point the more the hour you spend time with your computer..hahhahaa.dont waste time enjoy making new programs and hacking computer..lol..
asa
nuit

Post by nuit »

the points are not the point...the point is the hacking :)

have fun!
Hckr

Post by Hckr »

these points are earned by doing well in the various puzzles.
I found a "top hacker" who actually solved only 4 levels of RR and nothing more *lol*
Hckr

Post by Hckr »

Now i understand, it's because of the Bot Wars rankings :D