Didactic XOR Cipher 3

knoerxi

Post by knoerxi »

quite easy and done in milliseconds :D
one.kamila

Help

Post by one.kamila »

Look, I know that I'm basically asking someone to give me the answer, but for someone who coded this in python, could you please pm me the code you wrote? I wrote a really large set of functions to try and decode this, and I was excited because it was narrowing down the answers, but when I ran it with the full function, it came up with nothing.

Again, please pm me for response, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.
Hippo

Re: Help

Post by Hippo »

one.kamila wrote:Look, I know that I'm basically asking someone to give me the answer, but for someone who coded this in python, could you please pm me the code you wrote? I wrote a really large set of functions to try and decode this, and I was excited because it was narrowing down the answers, but when I ran it with the full function, it came up with nothing.

Again, please pm me for response, as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.
I will not be surprised if you got no PM reply ... it seems to me you have to ask for smaller hints.
one.kamila

Re: Help

Post by one.kamila »

Hippo wrote:
I will not be surprised if you got no PM reply ... it seems to me you have to ask for smaller hints.
Yeah, probably won't. Figured it was worth a try.

Here's the problem: I've approached this challenge in three separate ways, and I just tried going through every single possible value from 0-256, (for both b and x) but apparently nothing works. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

If someone wants to pm me to look at my code, I'd be more than willing to send it to them to look at it. It's in python. Or if someone wants to post a smaller hint to point me in the correct direction, it would be much appreciatetd.
one.kamila

I'm extremely stupid

Post by one.kamila »

So I figured out what I did wrong. My approach was wildly incorrect. I was trying to find b and x instead of just trying to solve the cipher.

Lesson learned: I'm dumb and should try to just cut straight to the solution.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Re: I'm extremely stupid

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

one.kamila wrote:So I figured out what I did wrong. My approach was wildly incorrect. I was trying to find b and x instead of just trying to solve the cipher.

Lesson learned: I'm dumb and should try to just cut straight to the solution.
It happens to the best of us.

Keep going :)