Lenna's History

AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Lenna's History

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

I am a bit surprised that only 21 out of 56 people (37.5%) have solved this challenge.

This one is seriously not difficult. C'mon you can do it ;-)
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

It's possible that some people haven't ever seen this challenge (it may have been introduced after they stopped solving challenges).
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

You are right, that is definitely possible and I guess for at least a handful of people this is probably the case.

Comparing the list of people who solved "Quine" with the ones who solved "Lenna's History", there are 17 people who solved the former challenge before the latter became available.

However some of those people did solve Lenna's History later, when it became available.

So maybe let's say that half the people who started this here challenge have solved it. That is still way fewer than there should be (in my opinion).
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Any clue? Does history point to the originál picture apearence (the one icluding nudity)?
Is another version of image required for information retrieval?
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Hippo wrote:Any clue?
What can you look at when you look at a picture? The picture itself of course, yes, but there are also other possibilities.

Try to think a bit like a photographer does. They sometimes want to check if a picture's exposure is correct. What do they do?

Come to think of it, that is probably what made this challenge easy for me: I recently took a photography course at the local community college. It was much fun and I learned a lot :-)
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Hmm, reading the hint ... looks like past does nothing with the challenge (at least with the hard stage).
... with the hint's the challenge is much easier now.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Yay Hippo!
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Actually I have not expected such strong hint. ... "You need just the attached picture to read the message" would refute most of the ideas connected with standardised picture ... and I hope it would suffice.
Adenium

Post by Adenium »

The hint is really too strong ...
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Adenium wrote:The hint is really too strong ...
Only three people have solved this challenge since the hint was given, in a time frame of almost one year. That seems to contradict your statement quite strongly.
destiny

Post by destiny »

would help if Quine wasn't so hard to solve :roll:

I can access part of the challenge anyway, but maybe no point to pursue it if I don't know the full context?
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

destiny wrote:would help if Quine wasn't so hard to solve :roll:

I can access part of the challenge anyway, but maybe no point to pursue it if I don't know the full context?
Quine is not so hard :). ... it's challenge told to me as an invitation to the site.