Listen to me

gsjfoe

Listen to me

Post by gsjfoe »

ummm...i need some hints wth this challenge...i don't know what should i do.., :( ,i just found visual crypto, but the picture in this challenge have many color and only one picture, what should i do? :( ,am i on the right track? :?
rmplpmpl

Post by rmplpmpl »

you should do what the name of the challenge says
gsjfoe

Post by gsjfoe »

:?: ..i've tried with audacity and import data raw...but i only hear noise.. :roll: :roll:
moose

Post by moose »

I'm also trying this at the moment. Mono, Stereo, Endians, codecs ... it seems as if I simply don't know enough about audio files to solve this challenge.

Btw. GSM 6.10 sounds funny :D
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Virus solved this one after a long struggle...

if you hear morse code like it happened to us saying something like EAT TOMATO, you are way off! you really need to find a voice as stated in the other thread on this challenge, which has also better hints imho.

btw: there are cool challenges after this one, which open only if you get this one done!
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Man, this challenge is frustrating me. I have tried dozens of conversions and sample rates, among those: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, and 16 Kilohertz, and also 1024, 2048, 3076, 4096, 8192.

Depending on what sample rate I use, I get very different results, but it's still all mostly noise/gibberish. Sometimes different sounds, but no voice.

Is there actually any indication on what parameters are the right ones to use? Or do we have to blindly try out anything until we arrive at the solution by chance?
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

ciao AMFV,

i hope i do not spoil too much, but i understand your frustration as it was mine just some days ago. i could not solve the challenge with Audacity...

First you need to get rid of the data which encapsulates what you want to listen. Think also that the encapsulated data needs some extraction as its binary has stuff like filtering lines, which is not part of the song.

Then you need to try out some formats/software and see if you can play it... (the other thread mentions some good software!)...
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

I wrote a little C program to remove certain bytes from the original PNG file. The file size that I arrive at before further processing is 18306 bytes. That correct?
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

No, the number of bytes should be a multiple of the pixel in the image. additionally, there is one channel which does not hold any information...
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

dangermouse wrote:
btw: there are cool challenges after this one, which open only if you get this one done!
Actually it have allowed only two challenges which were not opened from other branches.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Hippo wrote:
dangermouse wrote:
Actually it have allowed only two challenges which were not opened from other branches.
According to this graph: http://tron.yamagi.org/zeug/map.svg

it is even only one challenge (Make Money Fast).