I Will Be Execute

Guderian

Post by Guderian »

i tried to get the result manually. However, if i made no mistake, the program tries to insert in the program counter a negative number, which is illegal. Should this happen?
sila

Post by sila »

Although I understand the code I got stocked there. It was not to hard to find out that the first error “illegal value” is due to the wrong memory cell addressed. After changing the address to s<3> the code runs forever in that loop which leads to the “too many cycles” error because the program counter is always added by “-32” and this is because the comparison “:” never comes to a state where it returns “0” so that the following command “?” would add “6” to the program counter which then would lead to the end of this program. I’ve tried different ways to get there but all my answers were incorrect, where am I going wrong? I’m not asking for the solution, just for a slight hint if it is possible :wink:
MrTerry

Post by MrTerry »

well first of all :
assume all memory cells are initialized with 0..in hvm-website u should write it down in the mem-cells

then try to find a pattern.... thats not too hard! since there is a value ':' will return a 0 :)
if u follow the instructions u should see very quickly where it will goes ...
*hint*
btw searching within the forum for hvm might help :)
Runaway Robot LvL 452
path: DDDRDRDDRRDDRRDRRRDDRRRRDDDRRDDDRRDRDRDRDRRRRRDRRDRRRRRDDRRDDDDRDRRRDRRDDRDRDRRRRRDRDDDRDDRDRRRRDDDDDDRRRRRRR

boom at 1 1
your solution sucked

Oo wtf?
sila

Post by sila »

Thank you for your hints :D and I got it now, it is really quiet easy :wink:
rain1024

Post by rain1024 »

PeterS wrote:What inputs are you talking about? There is no input for this one, so there is only one correct result.
thank you PeterS. When I know there is no input, I got it in 5 seconds. So easy
Shirosan

Post by Shirosan »

why does it redirects me to the "challenges" thread of the challenge if I already solved it? It happens only with some challenges...

It should redirect me to the challenges solved section, so that I can discuss the way I solved it, or else i'll end up posting on the unsolved and give away the answer to the guys that didn't :S
der_dude

Post by der_dude »

hey guys, i don't get it. i analyzed the code and i actually got it. i found THE number which gives me the "0" by "?". i also found the min and max values during which no "too many cycles"-exceptions are thrown. and i can build up a series which represents all outputs from min to max. and i also summed up all outputs (which gives a nice looking result which is unfortunately FALSE *grml*).
i guess i don't get it what to type in as the solution.
speedfire

Post by speedfire »

I think that I have the same problem as der_dude. I have find THE number with what I have to initialize to have S(0) = 0 when I use the "?" operator. So I have an answer but that's not correct.
bns

Post by bns »

Use the source, Luke!
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

bns wrote:Use the source, Luke!
Dude. You necro'd a thread where there was no reply for two years to write that? ;-)
bns

Post by bns »

Well, I just thought this statement is so true for this challenge...

Perhaps I should have written: *Really* use the source, Luke. :D
pedroysb

Post by pedroysb »

Just follow these steps:
1- run with the python code
2- check the error and the program execution
3- hack the python code to bypass the error