Duke Box

destiny

Post by destiny »

Finding the songs was easy but I must be blind as a bat since I don't easily see which cipher is used :shock: Well actually I have a feeling of which cipher might be used but I didn't get anything useful from it or related ciphers. A small nudge in the right direction would be great! :)
destiny

Post by destiny »

I've finally completed this after over half a year of frustration with this challenge! Thanks to one member leading me down the right path, otherwise I might have still been stuck. It wasn't one of the better challenges IMO but the idea was ok.

As I thought, I had identified all the songs correctly but I was focusing on the wrong thing to decode the message. A hint if you have identified all the songs but don't know what to do would be to look at what all the songs have in common. From there it shouldn't be difficult to see what to do but you will probably run into the difficulties that other members mentioned about 'incrementing'. Perhaps you can look into the creator's background for further hints :roll: There is one final twist at the end which might put you on the wrong path but if you look closely then you should be ok.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

I am a bit surprised that so few people have solved this challenge. It should be available to 130 persons (all the solvers of 'Blue Skies, Green Grass'), but including myself and as of today, only 40 of them have managed to solve this one. That is not even a third. How come?

Everybody should be able to recognize at least some of the songs, and for the rest which you just can't figure out on your own - there's an app for that. 8)
destiny wrote:There is one final twist at the end
Not really.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:I am a bit surprised that so few people have solved this challenge. It should be available to 130 persons (all the solvers of 'Blue Skies, Green Grass'), but including myself and as of today, only 40 of them have managed to solve this one. That is not even a third. How come?

Everybody should be able to recognize at least some of the songs, and for the rest which you just can't figure out on your own - there's an app for that. 8)
destiny wrote:There is one final twist at the end
Not really.
I have the list of songs for a long time ... I just have to find a continuation ... may be destiny's hint will help.
argyblarg

Post by argyblarg »

So I blew through Descartes and Green Grass to get here (they weren't that difficult, to be honest) because of all the discussion...

I have 18 of the songs identified. The ones with no lyrics are a little harder to sort out. I've looked at the metadata, but I can't really see anything in there (OK, I see something in there, but I don't know what it means). One thing they have in common: I listened to all of them as a kid! :D

I don't really know which way to go from here. Is the title of the challenge a hint?
michuber

Post by michuber »

argyblarg wrote:One thing they have in common: I listened to all of them as a kid! :D
I wonder why so many people know these songs?
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

OK, thanks for keeping me on the track ... I have the decoding method (part of the text makes good meaning), unfortunately resulting word does not seem to be English word and is not accepted :(.

Is it single word or should I add spaces?

Are there 2 or 3 words before the solution?

I have to use some dictionary with mutations ;(

Uff got it ;) 15th letter increment helped.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

If you think you need to increment something, then your method of decoding is not 100% accurate.
Valar_Dragon

Post by Valar_Dragon »

I'm trying to beat Listen to me to get to this XD
argyblarg

Post by argyblarg »

Valar_Dragon wrote:I'm trying to beat Listen to me to get to this XD
Best of luck! I took the longer path.

I guess I'm in same boat as a lot of people now...the first half makes sense, followed by gibberish as the second half. I've figured out a million things the songs don't have in common, however. I'm still thinking the title of the challenge might be relevant.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:If you think you need to increment something, then your method of decoding is not 100% accurate.
Yes, I have known it, but looking for exact source of information was more complicated than finding small mutation to get well loooking answer (See challenges solved comment).

BTW: I was sure with most of letters.
argyblarg

PM me the soln/logic to this? Quit yrs ago, am still curious

Post by argyblarg »