VIndicated

AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Re: VIndicated

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Schlaule wrote:I think, I had a start to solve this, but the part beginning with "m2..." makes me dizzy.
Read Tron's post again.
dokyriak

No way.

Post by dokyriak »

I think i am using the right program even in Linux but no way. I do not know how to enter these characters. I tried to use some key combinations you say here but nothing happens. Maybe the problem is I do not know this program. :?:
dangermouse

Post by dangermouse »

Try to look at the challenge in a different browser. You are missing something...
dokyriak

TY

Post by dokyriak »

Done :D
Thank you very much. I really had not seen something.
But I have had to guess the final letter because there something strange with some key combination.
Shirosan

Post by Shirosan »

for me, when I solve it by myself, value=1, and when I have to resort to forum, value=0.5.. shame on me, I always look page source when I start to get mind-boggled, will never forget to check it again
karsmars

Post by karsmars »

:cry: I'm still not sure what to do. I looked in the source and found the broken phrase but I still don't understand it.

PM me or just post a better hint.
karsmars

Breakthrough

Post by karsmars »

OMG! :? :x :P
Man, I feel so stupid. The part about VI really helped me. I downloaded a program (can't get too specific) and I used the source. If you still don't understand, look up vi.

The problem is, I got what I think should be the right answer.... and it's not. Can anyone help? PM me.
[Edit] Finally got it. Dokyriak's post helped me at the end. There is a certain letter you are looking for... that should be enough of a hint.
molkemon

Post by molkemon »

I am also stuck on the last part, I get a good "the answer is" string but the password doesn't look correct and certainly ISN't correct. I have tried around for hours now and it seems like the solution should be fairly obvious by now, but i can't it, if someone may be so kind to PM me pls, that would be appreciated.

Edit: And of course seconds after I posted this I got the right answer. /facepalm
meis

Post by meis »

i have a problem too, my decrypred string arrived at the last "A" looks like:

"ithe answer is _______".

I'm not sure what I've done wrong but I have that "i" and I don't know how to get rid of it
DaveSofie

Post by DaveSofie »

ignore the first I and go further ;-)