Brokener Keys

tompko

Brokener Keys

Post by tompko »

I've hit a wall on this one, I just can't see a way to do this without resorting to a divide and I can't see anyway to simulate a divide without comparisons. Anyone care to give me a even a vague hint as to the direction I should be wandering in?
Karian

Post by Karian »

At this point, it is really about breaking the program and thinking out of the box. There is even a harder challenge ahead with an extra key broken.
There are a few possible sollutions, and it is hard to give a hint towards a solution without giving it away.
Just a general hint, first try to find a stricter definition about the problem case, are there any limitations in the problem that are in the test cases which aren't mentioned in the general description, and try to use those to find a solution.
For this problem, it is enough if you pass the test cases. It shouldn't work with all possible inputs.
kuronno

Post by kuronno »

Found a solution, but when I submit it, it acts as if I had refreshed the page instead of submitting my answer... Maybe it's too long? I had to add a fair amount of "nops" to make my solution work...
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

It often does that if your input is too long to use GET - try switching to POST and see if it works then?
There is no spoon.
kuronno

Post by kuronno »

How do I do that? I've tried Google, but couldn't make it work...

EDIT: Ok, it worked! Thank you!