how is your grammar

bodjo

how is your grammar

Post by bodjo »

I can reach this challenge on the text mode but I can't find it in the map!!!
is it broken?
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

It is at the right side of Ave.
bodjo

Post by bodjo »

I found it , thank you
bspus

Post by bspus »

Any hints?
I dont even understand what the objective is
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

It's fairly easy and I don't know how to give any hints without just telling you the solution. I knew what to do as soon as I saw the challenge, it was that easy.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

It is very easy when you have had lectures on computer science. If you are, say, a gardener who enjoys puzzles and riddles and have never seen such a grammar before in your life... maybe it's not as easy then. ;)
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

-> is the ugly form of → or an arrow, I think most people who have been to a primary school have some sort of idea about it, and isn't just limited to people who have read far too much or had it thrown at them for a degree.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

bspus says they do not understand what this challenge is about. Just because it is obvious or easy for some (or even many) does not mean that is is obvious or easy for everybody, is all I'm saying.

Y'all would be terribly bad teachers, you know... "Why explain multiplication? It's obvious! And easy! For anybody who does it the very first time in their life!" :D ;)
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:bspus says they do not understand what this challenge is about. Just because it is obvious or easy for some (or even many) does not mean that is is obvious or easy for everybody, is all I'm saying.

Y'all would be terribly bad teachers, you know... "Why explain multiplication? It's obvious! And easy! For anybody who does it the very first time in their life!" :D ;)
This isn't a forum about teaching though, it's about figuring things out yourself. I had no clue what "->" meant, or means, and I still guessed what to do right away. I'm not saying someone is stupid if they can't figure it out, I'm trying to show that it was very easy and maybe someone shouldn't think so hard.
bspus

Post by bspus »

You are all correct. It was easy after all. But being told it was easy really made all the difference.

The low number of solvers put me off, but it turns out it was just due to the challenge being very new rather than hard.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

DaymItzJack wrote:This isn't a forum about teaching though, it's about figuring things out yourself.
I do think that the sentence "We guide you on this journey" prominently featured on the very first page of this website suggests otherwise, but I guess those are just empty words then.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:
DaymItzJack wrote:This isn't a forum about teaching though, it's about figuring things out yourself.
I do think that the sentence "We guide you on this journey" prominently featured on the very first page of this website suggests otherwise, but I guess those are just empty words then.
So instead of this being a challenging website... this should be a teaching one? Instead of hints, should I just give out step by step instructions to solve these challenges? No.

Adum is guiding us on the journey. He started the challenges fairly easy and it's getting progressively harder to teacher us. Figuring things out ourselves, researching and doing these challenges is what is teaching us. The only reason these forums exist is to share solutions to already solved puzzles and to _hint_ at how to solve a challenge, not teach someone how to solve it.

That being said, there is no way to hint at this challenge, it is a really easy challenge and it's pretty straight forward. If you don't get it right away you just come back to it another day when you have another idea.

Seriously AMFV, why must you complain about everything? As proved by the post that was posted 2 hours before yours, the "hints" that we did give him worked. So why are you bitching about something?
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

DaymItzJack wrote: That being said, there is no way to hint at this challenge
That is nonsense.

I don't see the problem with mentioning in which field of science and technology one would encounter such a grammar, but maybe I'm just weird that way.
fragman

Post by fragman »

Just peek into the term formal grammar.