Protected Password 3

Discussion of challenges you have already solved
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Protected Password 3

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Nice one. In my opinion it should be in the Web category - things honestly do not get much more web-related than this. Also, for what it's worth it could open up when you have solved the 'Protected Password 2' challenge.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

Does it really matter...? Did you really need a new thread and a post in an old thread just voice your odd opinion on whether a challenge is miss categorized or not?

I solved it by programming so I don't think it belongs as web. Others solved it using javascript or some other sort of programming language and some problem solved it using other tools that don't really matter. The point is there are multiple ways to do this challenge and therefore "Misc" is probably the best title to have. I don't see the point in you complaining about every little thing on this site when they don't really matter because the point of this site is to solve the challenges however you can, not bitch and moan over little things. If you do want to bitch and moan, Facebook is a better place.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

If you disallow criticism, you disallow any progress whatsoever. Progress never comes from being satisfied with how things are, but instead by finding out ways to improve what is already there.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

What you are suggesting is not an improvement, just bickering over a silly label.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Well then, if labels are not important, why have them at all?
swgr

Post by swgr »

I have to say that I've done everything by hand.. getting source, downloading zip, finding .class, decompiling .class, and finally I still have to convert the answer into decimal...My decompiler automatically use a hex form..
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I have used puthon to download the changing context, save it as zip, call 7z, call java decompiler (jd-gui).
In it I had to save the .java manually, the result java file was parsed in python sending the answer.

May be adding power of 2 ... converting negative answer to the positive one would lead to accepted answer. But repeating process till a positive answer come worked well.
yes-man

Nice.

Post by yes-man »

Had the browser console running, got the X value from the request, pasted into a small tool I build which downloaded the JAR, unpacked, decompiled (thanks to jd-cli) and gave me the password back :D
No problem in under 20s^^ I want to see the 1s challenge ;D