Stuck at level 91? (Server fault?)

laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Bizarre - the exact same command works fine on my friend's computer, just not on mine :( I'll try the script and see what happens. :)

EDIT - nope, the CURL command still fails, telling me that I need the solution to be 4 characters long... I'm now having this problem with all the levels, not just 106 onwards :(
There is no spoon.
uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

I suspect you have some login session problem or something similar.
"The answer is 4 characters long" possibly means that level 0 is loaded, and "The answer is 1024 characters long" should be the proper length for 106.
My method for puzzle automation is to log in to the forum first and then load the puzzle page.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

I've tried that :( ah well - might just be a problem with my cURL (not the latest version) - I'll update it and see.
There is no spoon.
Naprecks

Post by Naprecks »

Try to use gotolevel instead of lvl for submitting the solution.
The server doesn't seem to care about the lvl parameter.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Naprecks wrote:Try to use gotolevel instead of lvl for submitting the solution.
The server doesn't seem to care about the lvl parameter.
Still nothing - the ContentLength is correct, all the data are marked by cURL as going out correctly (adding the --trace option shows that the entire solution is actually submitted) - yet it works fine on a different computer :/ Problem is that my solver is in Mathematica, calling cURL on the command line; I can't use the Mathematica solver on another computer because it's a one-person license :(
There is no spoon.
portal

Post by portal »

have you tried using something different to send your solution, like wget?
Not that it makes much sense, but it may be some strange bug involving curl and your local configuration...
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

portal wrote:have you tried using something different to send your solution, like wget?
Not that it makes much sense, but it may be some strange bug involving curl and your local configuration...
Bizarrely, wget works fine :) thanks for the help, people!
There is no spoon.
compudemon

Post by compudemon »

i got stuck at 91 too, then i changed my code to use post rather then get

Code: Select all

private void go() throws Exception {
		URL u;
		BufferedReader rd;
	   String enc="UTF-8";
		u = new URL("http://www.hacker.org:80/cross/index.php");
		URLConnection conn=u.openConnection();
		conn.setDoOutput(true);
		conn.setRequestProperty("Content-Type",
            "application/x-www-form-urlencoded");       
		try (OutputStreamWriter writer = new OutputStreamWriter(conn.getOutputStream())) {
			if (sol.isEmpty()) {
				writer.write("name=" + URLEncoder.encode(name, enc) +
					"&password=" + URLEncoder.encode(pw, enc));
			} else {
				writer.write("name=" + URLEncoder.encode(name, enc) +
					"&password=" + URLEncoder.encode(pw, enc) +
					"&sol=" + sol);
			}
			writer.flush();
			rd = new BufferedReader(new
			InputStreamReader(conn.getInputStream()));
			input2level(rd);
		}
		rd.close();
		System.out.println(this);
		solve();
		System.out.println("Sol: "+sol);
	}
pjgblt

Post by pjgblt »

I also got up to lvl 91. Now the solution is too long for get and I don't know how I can implement a post submission, Can someone give me an example how to submit the result with post rather than get.

Thanks,
pjgblt
MyNameIsAlreadyTaken

Post by MyNameIsAlreadyTaken »

In this Thread, there is one Solution using Java and one using Bash - just use one of these.
pjgblt

Post by pjgblt »

I am looking for a way in c or c++, cause I coded my bot iin c++. I have never programmed sth. like this before, so is there anyone who can help me?
camel

Post by camel »

people know about matrix manipulation stuff but fail with such a primitive thing as a http_post request? serious facepalm.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

camel wrote:people know about matrix manipulation stuff but fail with such a primitive thing as a http_post request? serious facepalm.
Post isn't very primitive - matrix manipulation can be worked out with pencil and paper, while Post can't.
There is no spoon.
tompko

Post by tompko »

pjgblt wrote:I am looking for a way in c or c++, cause I coded my bot iin c++. I have never programmed sth. like this before, so is there anyone who can help me?
If you're using C/C++ for this then you probably want to check out the Curl library. Unfortunately I haven't used it myself so I can do little more than point you in its direction.
camel

Post by camel »

laz0r wrote:
camel wrote:people know about matrix manipulation stuff but fail with such a primitive thing as a http_post request? serious facepalm.
Post isn't very primitive - matrix manipulation can be worked out with pencil and paper, while Post can't.
actually you should almost be able to do a http_post request via telnet only. you need it everywhere ... from benchmarking, manipulating online games, automating stuff on the web, programming apps, using rest/oauth/etc. apis, writing a webspider, writing pentest tools, debuging websites, etc. ... it is hard for me to acceppt that anyone playing "hacker.org" games would not know how to do something primitive as this. i am not meaning to be rude it just sounds weird to me. it is like you are writing new software for your car's ECU not knowing how to change tires.