Mortal coil level 25 unsolvable

CodeX

Post by CodeX »

You should be able to retrieve the pages with something like this, where you stick a url encoded version of your password on the end:

Code: Select all

http://www.hacker.org/coil/index.php?name=0xDEAD+BEEF&password=
to go to a specific level you would put this onto the end of the URL

&gotolevel=NUMBER&go=Go+To+Level
and then when you want to submit for your last retrieved level you add

&x=1&y=1&path=PATH
This should work fine until you get to levels with ridiculously long solutions in which case you will have to use POST instead of GET
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

I'm sorry, but I think your solver never reached level 62 since you've solved just until level 31. You can only display level n+1 if you have solved level n. You were probably solving the same level over and over.
binarylv

Post by binarylv »

bsguedes, anonymous users can solve as many levels as they want as long as they stay in a session, i.e., use the same cookie over and over again. My guess is that he didn't specify a valid cookie of logged-in session, therefore he was able to make a progress (go from one level to another), but the progress was not saved.
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

binarylv wrote:bsguedes, anonymous users can solve as many levels as they want as long as they stay in a session, i.e., use the same cookie over and over again. My guess is that he didn't specify a valid cookie of logged-in session, therefore he was able to make a progress (go from one level to another), but the progress was not saved.
Yeah, I think you're right... I never tried to use a solver in a non-logged section (actually when I want to test a new solver I made, I use an username that I created only for tests... I never thought about trying to use automation in an anonymous session :D)
extropy

Post by extropy »

binarylv wrote:bsguedes, anonymous users can solve as many levels as they want as long as they stay in a session, i.e., use the same cookie over and over again. My guess is that he didn't specify a valid cookie of logged-in session, therefore he was able to make a progress (go from one level to another), but the progress was not saved.

Interesting, never knew there was an anonymous mode :).

Cheers,
Viesturs
0xDEAD BEEF

Post by 0xDEAD BEEF »

Yep! There is anonymous mode! :)
I was using "user" instead of "name".
Thnx,
Beef
binarylv

Post by binarylv »

extropy wrote:Interesting, never knew there was an anonymous mode :).
I'm not sure how it was when you were registering, but now hacker.org requires to solve some puzzle by hand before registering:
Before you can register, please prove you're not a bot by solving a level of any of the puzzles on this site, such as Runaway Robot or Mortal Coil. The come back here and create your account.

----
Andrejs