About 'Didactic Red' challenge... HELP ME!!! T_T

uws8505

Post by uws8505 »

yildi wrote:my hex values expressed as decimal are all above 200 -> no ASCII
I can say you're thinking too complicated.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

yildi wrote:hmm i am so sure that my answer is right, but it says incorrect :P
can someone say something to the hint? my hex values expressed as decimal are all above 200 -> no ASCII
The challenge itself states:
To answer this challenge, submit these four red values concatenated together, expressed in hexadecimal. Ie: something like '92AB7DF2'.
There is no spoon.
luckyduck

Post by luckyduck »

Alright, I'm not too happy to be saying this, but I cannot get this answer. I believe I have done everything right, double checked my work, even see an english word, but my answer is incorrect. If someone would be so kind to PM me, then I'll explain what I did step by step and perhaps you can give me a hint as to where I am going wrong. Thanks in advanced.
joningull

Post by joningull »

I know this topic's a bit old, but I had an issue with this challenge that I don't see anyone else addressing, and this is the only existing thread on it I found. Seeing as how this forum isn't too lively in the first place, I doubt anyone will mind much. It's better than posting a whole new thread, I think.

Anyway, I just wanted to point out to anyone who prefers to copy/paste their images straight into their picture editor instead of actually saving it to their HDD to not do that for this. I did and three of my red values were off by one. Saving it and opening it manually fixed the problem. Since I doubt that was part of the "challenge," I thought everyone should be aware of the issue. Then again, maybe it's some weird local problem that only applies to me, who knows? Anyone else experience this? Maybe someone can even explain it?

Note: This would probably also apply to the previous pixel challenge, but for whatever reason I saved that one instead of copy/pasting.

Also, to anyone who is actually seeing the right result with the English word, be sure to include the entire answer, not just the word. I'm not saying I had that problem, but I could see how someone would maybe make that mistake, and, again, it's just a simple thing that wouldn't have anything to do with the actual challenge.

Also, also: First post! Hello Hacker.org!
megabreit

Post by megabreit »

Google for "monitor color profile" to find an answer for this issue!

Welcome to Hacker.org :-)
joningull

Post by joningull »

Ah. I suspected it might be something like that. So it looks like it might have just been me, but downloading the file is still a more reliable method, as other people's monitor's displays may be slightly off as well. It's not a big deal except when you need to retrieve bit-perfect info from a pixel, lol.

Thanks megabreit.