Labyrinth

DaymItzJack

Labyrinth

Post by DaymItzJack »

Can someone explain how the board is set into memory, maybe an example? Same with the flood fill HVM challenge, it seems very vague and it would be nice if both challenges had a example of a board memory string.

If the board is:

Code: Select all

X X X X .
. . . X .
. X X X .
. . . . .
is that:

without new lines?
Redford

Post by Redford »

For the maze on the "preview" looking like this:

X X X X E
. . . X .
. X X X .
S . . . .
S - start
E - end
Memory contains following ints: 5 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0
And correct solution is rrrruuu
without new lines?
It is initialized with 2+xsize*ysize integers, not chars.
Last edited by Redford on Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
chiefrocker

"Failed to run correctly"?

Post by chiefrocker »

I have finally solved this level according to my local tests, but my answer will not be accepted. I am getting "Your program failed to run correctly", but I find that message rather unspecific.

I wish that I had a better idea of what the error is, but to be honest – I just wish my program ran as successfully on the server as it does locally. ;-) I don't see how I could have abnormal terminations with my program, and I already tried to shorten it in order to find the faulty instructions. The first 80% of my program passes, only if I add the final solving loop (which also does the output), I get the error. (At that point, I am not accessing any memory I did not write to before.)
chiefrocker

Re: "Failed to run correctly"?

Post by chiefrocker »

chiefrocker wrote:I have finally solved this level according to my local tests, but my answer will not be accepted. I am getting "Your program failed to run correctly", but I find that message rather unspecific.
I realized that after some tries (trying to debug the error), I got the first maze correct, so I dared to just reload and suddenly I got no error anymore. :D On to the next challenge. But I still wonder what this error could've been.
wischi

Is the challenge still working?

Post by wischi »

Got the following error message

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare buildMaze() (previously declared in /home/hacker_apache/html/hacker/html/challenge/misc/hvmmaze.php:32) in /home/hacker_apache/html/hacker/html/challenge/misc/hvmmaze.php on line 32
Hippo

Re: Is the challenge still working?

Post by Hippo »

wischi wrote:Got the following error message

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare buildMaze() (previously declared in /home/hacker_apache/html/hacker/html/challenge/misc/hvmmaze.php:32) in /home/hacker_apache/html/hacker/html/challenge/misc/hvmmaze.php on line 32
I got the same when attempting to try my already accepted solution. So seems there is a problem with the challenge.

Oops, I have recchecked it once again with correct code and it looks fine ... Test result: ok (3 times) with shown labyrinths and answers,
'*' is correct.