CipherQuest B

Force4

CipherQuest B

Post by Force4 »

Hello,
It seems that there are some more ponctuations symbols on this one?! They drive me crazy!!
Would it be possible to have hints about the chars 'a' and 'i' at least? I mean... Why on earth would they appear like "aaa" and "iii". Hmmm, point no, comma no, quote no... maybe newlines. But hey, "cavaz" would make something weird then!?

Anyway I'm lost! Am I on the right track? Any info appreciated.
Hope I don't reveal anything also... I guess not though :lol:.
rmplpmpl

Post by rmplpmpl »

This one is pretty easy solvable by frequency analysis, though there are a few twists and turns to be aware of. You should notice them pretty fast, though.
Good luck!
Force4

Post by Force4 »

Yeah well I'm on it already as you understood.
If I'm asking for hints though, especially about 'a' and 'i', it's because I'm having trouble getting started with my frequency analysis.
If anybody else has useful hints, that'd be really appreciated.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

Sadly I had no clue what the capital letters were when I did the first two. I found a section of the encryption that didn't have any (or not that many) and I worked it out, Googled and found the source of the original. I was amazed that I was able to do them.

And hopefully I don't give anything away (I haven't even done it) but I can see "aaa" being "..." or "---", same with "iii", even though it is improper, it could even be "!!!" or "???".
Force4

Post by Force4 »

Thanks :) I didn't even think of that, that's interesting! Unfortunately those chars appear quite frequently in the middle of words (well of course I suppose I've found the space...) like "favaGsalsa" and suddenly "aaafkzD".

Anyway thank you, I'll try to go forward with that!
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

Force4 wrote:Thanks :) I didn't even think of that, that's interesting! Unfortunately those chars appear quite frequently in the middle of words (well of course I suppose I've found the space...) like "favaGsalsa" and suddenly "aaafkzD".

Anyway thank you, I'll try to go forward with that!
That is weird, I'm not sure but maybe they're like a date?

1-5-09 or something? Maybe some kind of combination?
General_Payne

Hardest yet By Far

Post by General_Payne »

So, I have been going at this for ages. Theres a set of 7 letters that i extracted and noticed some strong patterns with them that could suggest they have a much more complex meaning that in previous challenges. Or it could just be coincidence.

Mayb its not a simple mono substitution?

Any hints really would be appreciated.
kuronno

Post by kuronno »

CipherQuest B hint:
Sometimes we look for meaning where there is none...

I couldn't figure CipherQuest C, though. I was able to get the answer from what I found, but that is definitely not what I would call a "plaintext".