Didactic Text 4

horst

Didactic Text 4

Post by horst »

Hi there,

I just don't get this one. This time there is no description, no hint or anything, just that text. While searching the web for the source of the text I noticed that some of the [SPOILER] were changed to [SPOILER]. I tried to interpret these words as binary values but that doesn't seem to make any sense. I believe the key to the solution must be in these differences but I don't get anything out of that.
Is anyone here who can point me in the right direction or at least tell me if my approach is pointless?
Last edited by horst on Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
m!nus

Re: Didactic Text 4

Post by m!nus »

shhh, don't give such a big hint, but you're pretty close :)
horst

Post by horst »

Well, I didn't think it's such a big thing to find that out, although I changed my post a bit ;) Still have no idea on how to move on but at least I'm not in a blind alley...

*update*
Still trying hard but no success yet. This is a hard nut to crack...
horst

Post by horst »

:shock:
Got it right all the time but one of my converter functions was wrong :roll:
bns

Post by bns »

I'm really stuck here. I found the same changes as the original poster, but do not have an idea what kind of code etc. this could be.
Additionally, I observed that a few words are "marked". Is this part of the cipher?

An additional hint would be great...
tschiew

Post by tschiew »

bns wrote:I'm really stuck here. I found the same changes as the original poster, but do not have an idea what kind of code etc. this could be.
I've got currently the same problem: Finding the changes was not really difficult, but the question is now: What shall I do with this Information? Are the positions of that changes in the text important? Is it important WHICH words are changed? I've tried some approaches, but I really don't have no clue.
michuber

Post by michuber »

Think about why the changes have been made.
portal

Post by portal »

the hint of michuber was really helpful.
markobr

Post by markobr »

I solved it after some problems with the question of, er, absolute vs. relative encoding. But there seem to be a few bits which you can't use in the solution - is there anything about them?
JayArr

Post by JayArr »

i also spotted the differences and in-commons but still can't encode anything with it... =/
any furher hints?
malachi

Post by malachi »

Yeah I'm in the same place... I tried setting corrects to 1 and incorrects to 0, etc. etc. but can't seem to get anything readable out of it...
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.
General_Payne

Clueless

Post by General_Payne »

Well i noticed the differences. Converted to binary all of the in question words. Binary converter gets nothing. Is it only the changed words mayb? not the originals from the same pattern, any hints would be nice.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Re: Clueless

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

General_Payne wrote:Well i noticed the differences. Converted to binary all of the in question words. Binary converter gets nothing. Is it only the changed words mayb? not the originals from the same pattern, any hints would be nice.
I am having the same problem here. Found the differences, tried to interpret them as ones and zeros, but cannot seem to decode this information into anything readable. I would expect there to be sequences like 0101 or 0111 rather often if it is the type of encoding that I think it is, but that is not what I seem to be seeing here.

Any hints, please?

Pretty please?
FaTaL_PrIdE

Post by FaTaL_PrIdE »

I got a few unused bits too... :S

Hint for those having trouble:
if you get output which doesnt look like an actual English word, try it. The answer (as far as I'm aware) is not an English word.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

FaTaL_PrIdE wrote:I got a few unused bits too... :S
Wait a minute, does that mean that not every change between the original text and the challenge text provides a piece of information?