Help me, please. I'm the noobest noob here

erry

Help me, please. I'm the noobest noob here

Post by erry »

Hi, I'm erry and I like playing games.
I don't have any knowledge in programmig (or only a little bit), but I would like to play to bitbath as a non-noob player. Up to now my bot is the normal pre-loaded Herd. I read the tutorials and I understood a bit a few canges I would take, but I don't know what program do I have to use to modify the java code. Could someone help me?
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Eclipse is usually considered excellent for most code-writing purposes: http://www.eclipse.org/ as an IDE, but I never really got into it. It's extendable for many different languages just by adding plugins.
There is no spoon.
erry

Post by erry »

thanks laz0r, I'm going to try it.
erry

Post by erry »

lol it's very strange. I've Windows 64 bit, and eclipse for win64 doesn't run. I tried the Win32 version and it runs, but i don't understand how to use it. I continue trying

EDIT: my problem is Eclipse can't read my .class files, and they are the only ones running on that game. How could I do?
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Afraid I don't know anything about Eclipse really (I'm not into Java) but are you sure Eclipse should be able to read .CLASS files? They are essentially the compiled Java classes, so they don't represent code; it's like asking Notepad to open a .EXE made by compiling C code written in Notepad - they're not the same thing any more.
Just recompile your original .JAVA files, I think.
There is no spoon.
erry

Post by erry »

Sorry, this means i didn't understand anything. i didn't know what a .CLASS file is.
So after writing a java file how can i make it working? i tried to rename it as a .class, but it doesn't work
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

You can call a cat a dog but it won't actually be a dog just as simply renaming a .java to a .class won't work - you have to use a compiler to change your code into a .class file and even then you will probably have lots of errors you have to correct before you get your first .class file
erry

Post by erry »

A,that's why it gives me so many troubles. Thanks to all you, i'm new to Java
erry

Post by erry »

ehm... i have some misakes with the compilers.
i tried usng eclipse, but i can't compile the file.
i also tried the jdk (both versions 1.6 and 1.5) and i don't understand how to use them.
i read in the readme i have to open the javac.exe (i have a Windows), but it does nothing
jeetee

Post by jeetee »

erry wrote:ehm... i have some misakes with the compilers.
i tried usng eclipse, but i can't compile the file.
If you downloaded the classic Eclipse version, a JDK is included and it should work out of the box.
Use this page to download that version.
erry wrote:i also tried the jdk (both versions 1.6 and 1.5) and i don't understand how to use them.
i read in the readme i have to open the javac.exe (i have a Windows), but it does nothing
javac.exe is your compiler, it is supposed to be used on the command line or through an IDE.
Launching it without any parameters won't do a thing. Try using it from a command line.