Which 1 better XP oR window 7 ?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Freak_Network

Which 1 better XP oR window 7 ?

Post by Freak_Network »

Hi All , juz asking stupid question here :) , which 1 is better using desktop ? window XP or 7 ?
Dont Be stupid , Just Learn !
bukoking

Post by bukoking »

windows 7.. :)
i want to learn to hack..please teach and share it to me thx!
jeetee

Post by jeetee »

"better".. what for?

If you need a Microsoft OS for the Desktop that is receiving bugfixes and actively supported, you need Windows 7, given that the support for XP (which is a 10y old OS! that's ancient in pc-world) is being ceased.
Freak_Network

Post by Freak_Network »

jeete : :D

thx for u opinion ,
avrrobot

Post by avrrobot »

I use xp and 7, but i like more 7!
Freak_Network

Post by Freak_Network »

avrrobot wrote:I use xp and 7, but i like more 7!
can u give me some tips why u use 7 ? :D
avrrobot

Post by avrrobot »

its hard to describe, but the graphics are better and, well i like it more
alternateblackhat

Post by alternateblackhat »

avrrobot wrote:its hard to describe, but the graphics are better and, well i like it more
reasons to use windows 7:
microsoft will add patches to it to relieve bugs.
People will be building programs to fit windows 7 no longer xp.
its aiming to become more "user friendly"

why not to use windows 7:
the interface to help newbies out is bulky and counterintuitive
it's bulky and will have a hard time running no older and lower powered machines

bottom line:
if you used vista and liked the general idea, you will like it.
if you have a descent to powerful machine you'll be fine with the os

xp was the last of that gen OS for windows. windows 7 is what vista was suppose to be, the beginning of the new era for windows. its worth a shot to try it and if you dont like it time to switch to linux imo.
pedromalta

Post by pedromalta »

In my opinion the strongest reason to use Windows (over other operating system, like linux, or perharps OS/2) is the gaming options, you have plenty of great games for the Windows family.

Since i'm talking about games the choice is the Windows 7, wich is the newest, comes with the new DirectX, and is fastest than XP for that purpose, i'm saying this without real tests, just the felling i had when used to play FarCry2 in XP/DirectX 9 and switched to 7/DirectX10, but it is surely faster than Vista for anything and surely has better graphics for GAMES than any other computer operating system.

If you have a weak machine, without a good 3d card and processor stick with XP, or since you're not playing anything with that machine anyway look for a linux flavour that you like, for a start.

On Windows 7 you can run a virtualiazed Windows XP, whenever you miss it...
It's nice, sometimes i play Solitaire on my Windows 3.1 running on dosbox over linux! Miss my 386 66mhz!
sudo apt-get a life
alternateblackhat

pedromalta wrote:In my opinion the strongest reason to use Windows (over other operating system, like linux, or perharps OS/2) is the gaming options, you have plenty of great games for the Windows family.

Since i'm talking about games the choice is the Windows 7, wich is the newest, comes with the new DirectX, and is fastest than XP for that purpose, i'm saying this without real tests, just the felling i had when used to play FarCry2 in XP/DirectX 9 and switched to 7/DirectX10, but it is surely faster than Vista for anything and surely has better graphics for GAMES than any other computer operating system.

If you have a weak machine, without a good 3d card and processor stick with XP, or since you're not playing anything with that machine anyway look for a linux flavour that you like, for a start.

On Windows 7 you can run a virtualiazed Windows XP, whenever you miss it...
It's nice, sometimes i play Solitaire on my Windows 3.1 running on dosbox over linux! Miss my 386 66mhz!
Thats a misconception, with things like WINE, you can play most windows games. but besides that point. if you have a friend who is willing to give you a windows 7 key and disk to barrow and your already on xp, make a VB and see if you like 7 before you buy it.
pedromalta

Post by pedromalta »

alternateblackhat wrote: Thats a misconception, with things like WINE, you can play most windows games. but besides that point. if you have a friend who is willing to give you a windows 7 key and disk to barrow and your already on xp, make a VB and see if you like 7 before you buy it.
Sure you can use WINE to play a lot of windows games or apps, and there are great games for Linux too, but is much easier and faster to play windows games on a windows system. Don't misundestand me, i'm a huge Linux fan, but i know it's not the best system out there for things like hardcore gaming, or doing graphics for printing.

And yet, most online games packed with some sort of anti-cheat system simply won't let you play, even if the game runs great on your WINE it will problably not going to pass on the anti-cheat system...

And, i might be wrong, since i don't try wine with games for a looooong time, but is it Directx10/11 capable?!

Well, the point is windows still have the edge when it comes to games, why make things complex with a wine solution, tell me if you'd buy a $100 game and find out that it will not run on wine, and if you try any support you will not have it... and 7 is the best option over XP, where is the misconception?!

I started using linux on Slack 9, on a 900mhz celeron, i loved to play America's Army, wich till 2.5 version had a mac, a linux and a windows version, but then the game updated and stopped with mac and linux version, i pretty much got back using windows, mainly because i passed a lot of time playing, and i wouldn't restart the pc just to browse the internet, or talk on icq, wich on linux was usually better, but windows can do it as well...

Today on my PC i have ubuntu for daily stuff, and some other live distros for especific stuff, and the only program i use that is not linux native is Photoshop running over wine, The Gimp is good enough, but my productivity with Photoshop is a lot better, i have Hex Rays and IDA pro too, but theres a linux version, i was just too lazy to compile it...
sudo apt-get a life
alternateblackhat

Pedromalta, at this point i think were arguing the same side. xp vs 7, 7 is the best. Linux is better unless your a gammer and don't want to have a hassle with WINE.
CyberX

Post by CyberX »

8) depends on your taste if u want an os which is simple go for XP else go for 7 plus u need a high machine configuration for 7 as compared to XP