How Has Hacking Effected Your Life?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Ellx47

How Has Hacking Effected Your Life?

Post by Ellx47 »

I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:

(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?

(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?

(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?

(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

One of the aspects of life I like to look at is how peoples pursuits, hobbies, and interests make meaningful impacts on their life. I believe that regardless of what ones pursuit is there are lessons that can be learned which effect and often improve the persons overall life. As someone who has been interested in hacking for a few year I'm curious to hear the wisdom those that have devoted themselves to this study have to share.
Liidian

Re: How Has Hacking Effected Your Life?

Post by Liidian »

Ellx47 wrote:I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:
(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?
Don't hack, it's just not worth it.
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
Ellx47

Post by Ellx47 »

Liidian wrote:Don't hack, it's just not worth it.
It's cool you replied :) but now I'm curious why you feel that way?
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

CodeX wrote:it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange
lol

@Ellx47: maybe this can give you some data about your question.
--
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Liidian wrote:
Ellx47 wrote:I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:
Don't hack, it's just not worth it.

Fuck dude, are you STILL trolling this poor site?
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

liidian is a homo.

Thought I'd add some productive content to this thread. ;)
adkatrit

Post by adkatrit »

[quote="Ellx47"]I have some questions for the more experienced hackers:

(2) What is a lesson you learned during your hacking experience that altered or otherwise significantly change your life? Have there been many such lessons in your time hacking?

(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?

One of the aspects of life I like to look at is how peoples pursuits, hobbies, and interests make meaningful impacts on their life. I believe that regardless of what ones pursuit is there are lessons that can be learned which effect and often improve the persons overall life. As someone who has been interested in hacking for a few year I'm curious to hear the wisdom those that have devoted themselves to this study have to share.[/quote]
SinistraD

Post by SinistraD »

Ellx47 wrote:(1) How has hacking enhanced or improved your life?
Once there was a contest for a party, ppl could become members (meaning free entrance for every occasion) by playing games. The result was made based on lame online polls. Some of my acquaintances competed so I thought hacking the poll would help them. Since then a few look up to me, for being cool, capable of these stuffs.

I also made a course about web hacking on my university with an audience of about 20 ppl, they said it was really fun (maybe just because I was the one asking), anyway I made quite a few friends there as well.

I also hacked a great (and also quite big, community of 50 000) website many times, so I became a co-worker for that team. On how I did some of it you can read on my blog, if interested.

And many other little things. Hacking is fun. The feeling of success is equal to an orgasm.
Ellx47 wrote:(3) If you were going to give one piece of advice about hacking to a newbie, what would it be?
Be patient. And read a lot. About everything.
Ellx47 wrote:(4) If you were going to give someone advice on how to lead a meaningful and fulfilling life, what would you say?
Thats easy. Be creative. Get a few good ideas and work on them hard. It's enough for only one of them to pay off. Create websites with unique content, or copy others ideas enhanced with yours, create games, applications, write books, create videos, make music and so on. Just be creative. Having many hobbies will certainly give you a fulfilling life.
pedromalta

Post by pedromalta »

Nerd is the new sexy, as The Big Bang Theory says... There actually girls that likes smart guys... perharps they think you'll get rich with it, i don't know, and, despite my curiosity nature, i don't want to know. So, i dated some nice girls mainly because i was the smartest guy on the table.

I saved a lot of bucks hacking some of my stuff, like guitar effects and amp, my car engine and sound, my house antennas, some networks, and some other stuff
Simple is best, there's always a simple, therefore faster and more inteligent way of doing things...
I use it in my life for almost all my choices, does it work? is it simple enough?

Code: Select all

If you want to hide something, put it in the more obvious place! it saves time!

Code: Select all

Be simple, don't depend on much, don't expect much of anything but yourself, that way you enjoy every aspect of your interactions with the world[/quote]
sudo apt-get a life
alternateblackhat

Post by alternateblackhat »

Im more secure on my computer and what my computer is open to. also meeting a good group of people.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

if you want to program, first find out what you want to do before you dive head first into a language. and for the people who want to do the IT side of it, set up a VB or a dummy computer you can tool with. dont go to a local borders to try out your new found skills.

live the life to how you want it....
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

1. Got loads of free stuff
  2. Free stuff is good, so get as much as you can
  3. Go get all the free stuff and enjoy it, because it's free
  4. The best things is life are free (aside from their overheads of sorts)
trololol, but yea
free stuff is good
Neoman121

Post by Neoman121 »

CodeX wrote:it probably has something to do with the fact Liidian couldn't tell the difference between a hack and an orange
And theres a big difference between hacking and cracking. I'm really a newbie but this is something that could be important that I know. Hackers are people that are curious and don't want to cause trouble but want to get into the code and find out the flaws and learn about it. Crackers are people that want to get into a system and destroy it for the fun of it. Or maybe they are getting paid. But thats illegal and should not be done. But be careful as a hacker to because there are people that have gotten in a lot of trouble just for entering a system and leaving everything exactly how it was. Just for being curious. So have fun hacking. And stay out of cracking. 8) Peace.