Someone just tried to DOS me!! xD

Discussion about hacker.org's server

Someone just tried to DOS me!! xD

Post by 0042 »

OMG!! Some n00b just tried to DOS me with Firefox. I fought him off for the last hour with the Alt+F4 command. Seriously! Who tries to DOS a hacker?? -laughs-

Okay so I'm probably inviting trouble by joining a hacker site, but still... xD

Big question though, what code does one use to backhack in a WinXP system? I'd like to know so I can learn it and get this moron if/when he tries it again. xD
"If you can read this, you must be really bored!"

Girl Hackers!! Because you don't need a penis to be good with computers!!
-----
Name: Jennifer
Number of n00bz used as cannonfodder: "Now serving #2,364,428!"
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

sorry for the off topic but can I know what do you find fun using Xp, have you ever tried Ubuntu or any other *nix system?
--
malachi

Re: Someone just tried to DOS me!! xD

Post by malachi »

0042 wrote:OMG!! Some n00b just tried to DOS me with Firefox.
You mean someone caused a bajillion Firefox windows to open on your computer? Or what do you mean someone DOS'ed you "with Firefox"?
0042 wrote:I fought him off for the last hour with the Alt+F4 command. Seriously! Who tries to DOS a hacker?? -laughs-
You mean you were literally hitting Alt-F4 to close Firefox for an hour? How come you didn't just take 30 seconds and reboot? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
0042 wrote:Okay so I'm probably inviting trouble by joining a hacker site, but still... xD
Not so much, really... from what I've seen you haven't posted enough information for your presence here to be a direct cause for what may have happened to you.
0042 wrote:Big question though, what code does one use to backhack in a WinXP system? I'd like to know so I can learn it and get this moron if/when he tries it again. xD
I'm not sure where you heard the term "backhack", but there really isn't any such thing. It isn't the case where if an attacker somehow opens a connection to you, you can somehow reverse the attack, Dragon-Ball-Z-style. It'd be pretty sweet if you could download reverse_pwn.exe or something, but this is entirely a fiction based off of movies / overactive imaginations.

My best guess is that someone (you? a sibling? classmate?) with physical access to your machine wrote a small batch script which just sits in an infinite loop running new instances of Firefox, and then redirected some shortcut that you used to point to the script.

@baha: there are a multitude of reasons to use XP. First, many apps just won't run in Wine, and run so slowly in a VM that it's just not worth making one - also games. Second, and probably more to the point, if this is a family computer we're talking about, you can't just up and replace / add an operating system... Third, some people just aren't ready yet to take the plunge away from Win - it takes a while, and is not the easiest thing in the world to move away from. My guess is it's some combination of these three factors that keeps 0042 grounded in Windows.
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.

Re: Someone just tried to DOS me!! xD

Post by 0042 »

malachi wrote:
0042 wrote:OMG!! Some n00b just tried to DOS me with Firefox.
You mean someone caused a bajillion Firefox windows to open on your computer? Or what do you mean someone DOS'ed you "with Firefox"?
0042 wrote:I fought him off for the last hour with the Alt+F4 command. Seriously! Who tries to DOS a hacker?? -laughs-
You mean you were literally hitting Alt-F4 to close Firefox for an hour? How come you didn't just take 30 seconds and reboot? Or am I misunderstanding something here?
0042 wrote:Okay so I'm probably inviting trouble by joining a hacker site, but still... xD
Not so much, really... from what I've seen you haven't posted enough information for your presence here to be a direct cause for what may have happened to you.
0042 wrote:Big question though, what code does one use to backhack in a WinXP system? I'd like to know so I can learn it and get this moron if/when he tries it again. xD
I'm not sure where you heard the term "backhack", but there really isn't any such thing. It isn't the case where if an attacker somehow opens a connection to you, you can somehow reverse the attack, Dragon-Ball-Z-style. It'd be pretty sweet if you could download reverse_pwn.exe or something, but this is entirely a fiction based off of movies / overactive imaginations.

My best guess is that someone (you? a sibling? classmate?) with physical access to your machine wrote a small batch script which just sits in an infinite loop running new instances of Firefox, and then redirected some shortcut that you used to point to the script.

@baha: there are a multitude of reasons to use XP. First, many apps just won't run in Wine, and run so slowly in a VM that it's just not worth making one - also games. Second, and probably more to the point, if this is a family computer we're talking about, you can't just up and replace / add an operating system... Third, some people just aren't ready yet to take the plunge away from Win - it takes a while, and is not the easiest thing in the world to move away from. My guess is it's some combination of these three factors that keeps 0042 grounded in Windows.
O.o okay... -cracks knuckles-

1) yes I mean "opened a bajillion windows with a bajillion tabs" But all the tabs lead to https://s-static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect/x ... 30d4102063 which is a blank page with a facebook icon and the words "XD Proxy" on the tab.

2) I DID reboot. Twice. It did nothing. So I just sat there and hit Alt+F4 every time there were too many windows for me to use skype effectively.

3) Well, that's not exactly true... I posted my Skype and forgot that it's linked with my facebook. >.< That, and someone tried to friend me from here. I've removed them, btw.

4) By "backhack" I mean trace who is hacking you. Than's possible, right? I've heard at least one other programmer(possible hacker) mention it...

5) I doubt it was family or friends. My family is fairly computer illiterate, and I'm the only one of them that knows any code at all. (and just X/HTML at that.) They come to me with problems regularly. -giggle-

I also doubt it was any of my friends, as the only one with any programming knowledge is actually the one helping me to learn JavaScript and PHP.

So yeah. (And by "DOS" I mean "open so many programs that it crashes the system".)

-----
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

You sound like you're running XP - have you checked the Task Manager? See if there's any processes running that you don't recognise.
There is no spoon.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

Run windows in safe mode and then start > run > msconfig.exe, disable all startup processes which are not critical for system performance.

Post by 0042 »

only poroblem is that I don't know which ones are critical and which aren't. :/

-----
MindFreakz

Post by MindFreakz »

I could be me ... but I don't think someone is hacking you (in particular)

It sounds just like behaviour of just any random virus (or as malachi wrote a annoying friend)

and to help you solve your problem; try not logging in on Skype (or even better not have it running at all).
Going on the link you gave; Skype might just be the cause of all the problems.

and last (short) note on the backhacking.
It does not exists; but if somebody has a (active) connection to your pc (and provided the program they use is buggy enough), you should (in theory) be able to hack back.

and btw: I wasn't me who friended you; but with you current profile, I can still find you on facebook Jennifer F******r
malachi

Post by malachi »

To see who has active connections open to your computer, use the "netstat" command. Instructions are here:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... tstat.mspx

Post by 0042 »

MindFreakz wrote:I could be me ... but I don't think someone is hacking you (in particular)

It sounds just like behaviour of just any random virus (or as malachi wrote a annoying friend)

and to help you solve your problem; try not logging in on Skype (or even better not have it running at all).
Going on the link you gave; Skype might just be the cause of all the problems.

and last (short) note on the backhacking.
It does not exists; but if somebody has a (active) connection to your pc (and provided the program they use is buggy enough), you should (in theory) be able to hack back.

and btw: I wasn't me who friended you; but with you current profile, I can still find you on facebook Jennifer F******r
.....Jennifer F. would have worked fine, thank you. </unimpressed>

-----
malachi

Post by malachi »

What most likely happened to you, if it wasn't some arse fucking around with your shortcuts, is that you executed some JS designed to, well, spawn an infinite number of Firefox processes. This could have been done either on a web-page that you visited, or by tricking you into running it directly (i.e. through clicking a link, copying something into your url bar, etc)

Either way, this isn't something that was caused by someone connecting to your computer then spawning a ton of processes. If you restarted your computer as you say, this would have continued if you have windows to restore your session of open programs, or when you relaunched firefox and it restored your open tabs
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

maybe this will help :D
malachi

Post by malachi »

Thank God for NoScript =P
Last edited by malachi on Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alternateblackhat

Post by alternateblackhat »

haha, that was fantastic CodeX. Mind if i ask where you found, or did you write yourself?
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

I have nothing to do with that fun fun page. I was introduced to it by a friend some time aog, it used to play never gonna give you up but changed a few months ago however it still makes a great home page for friends and foes alike