which c++ compiler to use?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
nipundavid

which c++ compiler to use?

Post by nipundavid »

i am finding problems to compile my c++ code on turbo c++,
can u guys tell me the name and links of compilers avaliable free.
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

You don't get much choice with Turbo C++, it looks like you can get a free trial version of C++Builder from here but that might just a time limited trial. As far as compilers go they don't come much freer than GCC which you can get bundled with Code::Blocks & MinGW (assuming your on windows) or you could get Visual C++ 2010 Express which is good for Windows development but without guidance can take quite a bit palaver before you get anywhere with it, that said C++ development tends to be that way anyway.

GCC, Visual C++ and Turbo C++ have their diffirences but most code samples you'll find are either GCC or Visual C++ but it's pretty obvious when it's Visual C++ as it's usually on MSDN or explicitly mentioned. I suggest you go for GCC as a part of MinGW bundled with the Code::Blocks IDE.
nipundavid

Post by nipundavid »

dued i downloaded the file from the link in your post "GCC" but the setup is not working, first i thought that there might be error occured while downloading so i downloaded the file thrice but nothing happened.
i downloaded the 2nd file which has some thing bundled up etc (72 Mb).
help me.
Liidian

Re: which c++ compiler to use?

Post by Liidian »

nipundavid wrote:i am finding problems to compile my c++ code on turbo c++,
can u guys tell me the name and links of compilers avaliable free.
Free software called, Dev c++. Download from bloodshed. Use google. Google Dev c++
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
Dig1t@l Renegad3

C++

Post by Dig1t@l Renegad3 »

Definitely dev c++ :wink:
jeetee

Re: C++

Post by jeetee »

Dig1t@l Renegad3 wrote:Definitely dev c++ :wink:
definitely not an IDE thats unmaintained over the last 5 years..

I'd recommend the MingW compilersuite, which is used in IDEs like Eclipse CDT, Netbeans and Code::Blocks.
If you're on windows, cl.exe is pretty good as well, mostly used via Microsoft Visual C++ Express edition.

All of the above is free to use.