Please help me to solve 'One Minute Man' challenge

dorahan

Please help me to solve 'One Minute Man' challenge

Post by dorahan »

I don't understand of the question which is given. I've tried to click the link on the question and stayed for 1 minute but nothing happened.. Please help me to solve this. What should i do to solve this? Thanks..
~� dorahan �~
HkRkoz al KuwaiT 2019 HaCkEr 101
shadowlord

Post by shadowlord »

I think the words of this challenge is self-explanatory on how to find the answer...
Well... you said you have waited for one minute on the page, have you read the source? This is the first basic thing to do.......
dorahan

Post by dorahan »

yes.. i've read the page source of the question and found nothing usefull, there is no script or something.. and i clicked the 'lazy oracle' button but there is nothing and that page... the page only say "back later" and i've tried to see the source page but it's only this that i found

<html><body>
back later

I've tried to search about it in google too.. But there is not any useful information to me to solve it.. I found just 'minutemen' means Minutemen were members of teams of select men from the American colonial militia during the American Revolutionary War. And
like this... "One Minute Man" is a hip hop single released in 2001 by American female rapper Missy Elliott, featuring fellow rappers Ludacris and Trina from her third album Miss E… So Addictive...

ARghh.. @_@

i don't understand what do you mean with "I think the words of this challenge is self-explanatory on how to find the answer... "

The tittle is 'One Minute Man' and the words in the question is 'We have constructed a lazy oracle to give you the answer to this challenge. How lazy? She only works one minute out of the day.'

Do you mean there is a clue in the sentence above which be the clue to solve it? Arghh.. i don't get it... I've search for lazy oracle but didn't find anything... and also tried to search about oracle corporation but didn't find any useful... and also tried to search 'databate' and still don't understand...

The type of the challenge is web.. so i've tried to view the source page and see all of codes and i've tried also to see all the css code of the page... but i'm still do not understand till now...

Argh so confusing..
~� dorahan �~
HkRkoz al KuwaiT 2019 HaCkEr 101
Kuzmin

Post by Kuzmin »

Check the page once every minute of the day.
Dr. Halo

Post by Dr. Halo »

I don't know what I am missing here - despite grabbing the contents of this site every 30 seconds since a few days (!), there is always the same content... I'm starting to feel like a noob regardless the nearly 90 challenges I solved...
sigi

Post by sigi »

Check it more often. Once every 30 seconds might not be enough because it gives you exactly one shot at retrieving the document with the answer. If that request doesn't get through, for whatever reason, you are missing out for another 24 hours.

Also, if you're on a dialup-line, it might be that your connection got reset at the critical moment.

I've also found the hacker.org web server quite laggy from time to time. You might just have been unlucky.

I've checked the page once every 10 seconds with my script and got the answer right away (during the first 24 hours).
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

I worried about the same thing, and made sure I knew exactly when my requests got through, in case I needed to schedule some repeats for minutes I missed. I didn't actually miss the minute in question, but I did miss a lot of other minutes entirely.
dot_Cipher

Post by dot_Cipher »

What kind of scripting language should one learn for this challenge?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
--- Backtrack FTW
V4hn

Post by V4hn »

oh come on,
as if this matters anyhow..
learn whatever you want, any language with an easy http-download interface is good enough, every other possible too..
Masti6

Post by Masti6 »

Now that I've studied Python, could someone tell me as much as how to make it repeat the html-downloading script every 30 seconds for .. 24h?
I can't keep my computer on during midnight, this question is only waste of electricity imho.
Anyways, please tell me a way. Googling didn't do any good.
Karian

Post by Karian »

please don't ask the same question twice in different threads, you won't gain points by being active in this forum. You do gain some respect from other people if you are contributing in a nice way.

What concerns the question, I'm not a Python expert, so I can't help you with that
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

I am amazed that Python doesn't have a) a manual, b) a time-date type or c) a for-loop!
There is no spoon.
tails

Post by tails »

d) users who can find those three ...?
Omgaskinhead

Post by Omgaskinhead »

laz0r wrote:I am amazed that Python doesn't have a) a manual, b) a time-date type or c) a for-loop!
tails wrote:d) users who can find those three ...?
Stopit, please stop it! Or I'll die of a laughing fit! [ROFL]
Masti6

Post by Masti6 »

Masti6 wrote:Now that I've studied Python, could someone tell me as much as how to make it repeat the html-downloading script every 30 seconds for .. 24h?
I can't keep my computer on during midnight, this question is only waste of electricity imho.
Anyways, please tell me a way. Googling didn't do any good.
I would also consider it a waste of time to keep my computer on all night.
Any way to determine when I could check in with results?
If not, waste of electricity challenge imho.
It's not about knowing how to make a code that gets needed information but keeping the computer on 24/7 in addition.

Any useful tips for us trying to save electricity?
PS: Using a laptop would of course be better for electricity bills but still keeping it up 24/7 would be bare waste.