blood sweat tears

Caesum

blood sweat tears

Post by Caesum »

have decoded this, know what it is, but don't seem to be able to get any answer accepted. is the answer the whole decrypted text? one word from it? a part of it? the author of it? tried lots
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

It's nothing contained within the text, and as long as you have decrypted the text then you have done everything you need to do. Now you just need to look elsewhere to find the answer.
There is no spoon.
Icho

Post by Icho »

Where exactly can I find this challenge?
teebee

Post by teebee »

"Blood, Toil, Tears and Sweat" is behind "Right Key Left?".
malachi

Post by malachi »

Erm... should I be missing a letter at the end? And a space, somewhere in the middle? o_O
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

malachi wrote:Erm... should I be missing a letter at the end? And a space, somewhere in the middle? o_O
I don't believe I am missing anything, but please correct me if I am wrong. It shouldn't affect the challenge in any way at least.
Last edited by laz0r on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no spoon.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

laz0r wrote:It's nothing contained within the text, and as long as you have decrypted the text then you have done everything you need to do. Now you just need to look elsewhere to find the answer.
That somehow sounds as if there was no connection between the deciphered text and the solution, which would seem a bit peculiar if that was indeed the case.

Let's say I take a text from some source, maybe from a book, and encrypt it. People manage to decrypt it, but then all that they have is the text from that book. But what is the answer? When I now say, "You have done everything you needed to do. Look elsewhere", the answer could be literally anything from "Monty Python" to "Brighton Port Authority" to "42" to "beer in a 500-pound keg". ;)

There should be some logical progression there. If there is and I just have not found it yet, okay. Your answer sounds though as if there is no real logical progression to find here, rather guesswork, and that has got me confused. If I am mistaken, I apologize.
laz0r wrote: I don't believe I am missing anything, but please correct me if I am wrong. It shouldn't affect the challenge in any way atleast.
The last word in the original text consists of 8 letters, while your cipher text has 7 letters, so one letter is missing. Oh, and the missing space, that would be in the "McNc" of the encrypted text. Should be "McN c".
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Okay, got it now. But this statement here:
laz0r wrote:It's nothing contained within the text
is not true.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:Okay, got it now. But this statement here:
laz0r wrote:It's nothing contained within the text
is not true.
If you're being pedantic, then alright, it is contained within the text, but only accidentally, and with no indication anywhere near it that it is to be used as the answer :)
There is no spoon.
tompko

Post by tompko »

So are there any indications about what should be used as the answer? I've decrypted the text, but none of my seemingly logical answers have been accepted.
DarthJim

Post by DarthJim »

If you've decoded the text, then you have a key. Look at it! 8)
kumaryadav

Post by kumaryadav »

Some puzzles may require you to simply decrypt the text, while others may require you to take specific actions based on the decrypted information. It's also possible that the answer may involve some additional clues or steps beyond just decrypting the text.8)