Cavern Master

Kuzmin

Cavern Master

Post by Kuzmin »

How many levels are there in Cavern Master?
adum

Post by adum »

that's part of the mystery... but i'll hint that it's between 50 and 250.

adum
Kuzmin

Post by Kuzmin »

adum wrote:that's part of the mystery... but i'll hint that it's between 50 and 250.

adum
Meh.. That means i have to save the pages, to be able to check on the name of the final monster later?

Damn, I'll be running out of HDD space..
Sign

Post by Sign »

Kuzmin wrote:
adum wrote:that's part of the mystery... but i'll hint that it's between 50 and 250.

adum
Meh.. That means i have to save the pages, to be able to check on the name of the final monster later?

Damn, I'll be running out of HDD space..
bah only knew the monster name is useless you must defeat it i have know the final monster name but i lose so i can move forward i'm realy lazy to retry it again
note: the final boss is realy strong you must save your hp pot for this boss it can kill you in three turn >.<
MerickOWA

Post by MerickOWA »

bah only knew the monster name is useless you must defeat it i have know the final monster name but i lose so i can move forward i'm realy lazy to retry it again
note: the final boss is realy strong you must save your hp pot for this boss it can kill you in three turn >.<
He's not that bad. Just have to make sure you're prepared for him before you go down a level. ;)
Lasdem

Post by Lasdem »

I was 4 levels above him and he only got one hit on me.

Well and as a small hint:
i have played the game only till level 20 then (maybe bevause of lazyness) i knew what i had to do ;)
nightmare1942

Post by nightmare1942 »

so what did u do? started programming?:D
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

I coded a script which roams around and kills monsters/picks up items etc

I have a question though. How long should I set it before it accesses the page?

example if it moves north then pauses for 2 seconds them moves east them pauses 2 seconds... this means 2 seconds between each page request.

Is this classed as server pounding? If so then what interval should I leave between each action?

I don't want to get into trouble ;)

sabretooth
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

I guess it doesnt matter now :)

solved.

sabre
XayOn

Post by XayOn »

I'm scripting it too. But I pretend to script the whole thing. I'll defeat it with the bot, as I already know the name i don't even need so.
Perl can do everything... muhahahaha. =)
EDIT: tought this was the previous (dungeon) one.
However, I manually passed the previous one and the bot I made should be able to play this one too.
I'm having problems authenticating =(, however, I'll make the trick with cookies, since it won't allow me to pass user/pass or spw.
Nihlaeth

Post by Nihlaeth »

I also got tired of fighting, so I wrote a beautifull bot, but the problem is that it takes ages before it finds the stairs. I'm now level 30 and I'm only in dungeon level 17...

I think there is something wrong with my walking algorythm. How did you guys solve this?

Mine is something like

-go south when your past direction was not north and that is possible
-go east when your past direction was not west and that is possible
-go west ... etc.
braindamage

Post by braindamage »

My bot is just walking in random directions, works perfectly.
I even had to limit its descending speed in accordance with the char lvl.
Nihlaeth

Post by Nihlaeth »

Indeed, I changed it a bit so it did a 'smart' random (not choosing impossible directions) and it went down a level immediately... I had it delimited right from the start, I was afraid it would get itself killed. But I guess I don't have to be afraid of that. It's level 37 now :p and still in dungeon level 18.

I hope I make progress a little faster now...

edit: nailed it... it took my bot ages, but I killed the thing in tree turns (a)
crstnbr

Post by crstnbr »

hey guys, i got a little question and i hope ill find help here :)

my bot is running well, he's now in dungeonlvl 50 with botlevel 66 but now i got a little problem.
how do i check if the bot is in front of the final beast? i mean, what if he kills him and i don't see the name? any ideas?

thanks
crstnbr
sabretooth

Post by sabretooth »

you can always do something similar to:

when you bot is in front of ANY monster, capture the text on screen and save to a log.

All you need to do then is look at the last entry in the log - et voila!

there are however much much easier ways of going about this - I just gave you one idea so you can work on it a little ;)

sabre