Discussion about hacker.org's server
Liidian

Python encoded game

Post by Liidian »

Well i recently got an intrest of python, which later on lead me into pygame <3
MMORPG, ye that's what i am gonna do xD
I was thinking of making a whole team for this :3

Currently need:

More developers (Python/ C++ knowledge is required)

More designers, for interface, armor sets, enviorment, characters, i don't know how you are gonna work in this, either use the python engine or 3d max i guess, please any good idea how to work out deisgn and graphics would be nice ^^

Advanced database knowledge since i was thinking of a online game, (I don't know much in this area at all)

Game play worker: Idea's, how things should work, what should exist etc.

I thought i could include this add here since it's actually written in a language :P
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

in my opinion not to be taken as a insult

i think this isn't a good idea most people now a days don't like text based games. not to mention how you would make it a actual mmo is beyond me...

unless you can manage visuals today's gaming community such as my self wouldn't play it

unless there is something i didn't hear about when learning py (very likely)
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

koolpop0 wrote:in my opinion not to be taken as a insult

i think this isn't a good idea most people now a days don't like text based games. not to mention how you would make it a actual mmo is beyond me...

unless you can manage visuals today's gaming community such as my self wouldn't play it

In the future you may want to make sure you understand one that you've read a post correctly, and two that you understand the topic, before you respond to someone. I don't see how you got text based game from this:
More designers, for interface, armor sets, enviorment, characters, i don't know how you are gonna work in this, either use the python engine or 3d max i guess, please any good idea how to work out deisgn and graphics would be nice ^^
And if you think you can't guild gui's with python, well I suggest you run a search for "python GUI interface"
Liidian

Post by Liidian »

Excuse me but? World of Wacraft is written in C++.
Runescape (lol) is written in JAVA.

Come again please?
The whole "system" is a number of people creating a code all together, this code loops and is there for a "system".
System Zero could also be confirmed with one word "Hacker's"
PaRaDoX

Post by PaRaDoX »

Liidian wrote:

Excuse me but? World of Wacraft is written in C++.
Runescape (lol) is written in JAVA.

Come again please?
yes, but C++ and java =/= Pygame

o_O

~You are a glitch in my reasoning.
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

Just give up now, you are never going to get enough people to help you, and you are never going to learn enough to produce anything with quality on your own when your little dream falls apart, and whatever epic game you are planning is either in production or already out there.
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

EVE Online was written in Python FYI

I'm interested in finding more about the game so send me a PM