Dungeon Master

Bierdeckel

Post by Bierdeckel »

michuber wrote:
Bierdeckel wrote:Has anyone a link or something else what could be interesting for me?
You can pass your name and password (or spw):
http://www.hacker.org/challenge/about.php
The chal.php could be used to log in?
karma-fusebox

Post by karma-fusebox »

yes, but not permanently. just a onetime-login for the current transaction. so you have to append name= and password= every time you call urls from your scripts.
Bierdeckel

Post by Bierdeckel »

k, thx :)
TheBlackElf

Cavern Master

Post by TheBlackElf »

Unless it's against the rules or something (which it shouldn't be), could anybody please tell me how many levels Cavern Master has? thx

P.S. I've already automated it, just that my bot has gotten to a ridiculously high level, and - automated as it is - it's an annoyance waiting so long...

(edit) NVM, I was actually pretty close to the end... but that was too long IMO. 40-50 levels would have been enough.
karma-fusebox

Re: Cavern Master

Post by karma-fusebox »

TheBlackElf wrote:it's an annoyance waiting so long...
i dont think youre supposed to sit in front of your computer and watch your script slay a crapton of monsters. and even if you do, thats pure action gaming compared to watching a script solve the higher mortalcoil-levels or something.

but since a dungeon-script should not take any cpu, you could even watch both scripts the same time.. :D
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

Yeah, why watch a computer solve Mortal Coil when you could just do it by hand. :) It passes time on the bus on the way to work.
bns

Post by bns »

Hi,

I think I didn't understand this discussion about Dungeon Master at all. Many here write they automate it, but nobody seems to have success.
A few other write they made it without automation -- so is there some clever hack I need to find or is it just a "play again until you win"?
Karian

Post by Karian »

it is certainly not meant to solve this with a hack.

the thing is that dungeon master can be solved by hand, and is merely meant to be a test bed for the automation of the next challenge.

The discussion about this is a bit distributed between this thread and some others. I think most people find there automated solution. Also a lot of data you find here are extracted with an automated procedure (we leave in the middle if this data is usefull).

I just think that, once people have solved it, they don't bother posting here anymore. For them, it would be better to make further discussions in the challenges solved forum. That one has been created to keep this forum for hints only.
XayOn

Post by XayOn »

Yeah, I've already passed it by hand, however I'm writing a script to see who's faster, the script or me ;-)
flash_surface

Post by flash_surface »

Hey, i wn to know how to destroy another pc by using software..thanks
win
flash_surface

Post by flash_surface »

:)
win
m!nus

Post by m!nus »

play slavehack

are there mods on this forum? i suggeest deleting this 3 posts (including mine ofc)
bearson

Post by bearson »

consider GreaseMonkey if you use firefox :p
zael

Post by zael »

I knew nothing of making a bot with C/C++ before yesterday. Look up libcurl if you're curious, it's really high level and easy to use. It will help you in some Web challenges too. I had a "perfect" bot going in 1 hour.

The only problem was my code to say it had found the boss was bugged. So I woke up this morning and found the bot on the last level with the boss beaten but I didn't know what he was called :lol:

So now I'm running the bot again from level 0... with a condition to stop on the last dungeon level. You live and learn.
dot_Cipher

No idea where to start

Post by dot_Cipher »

I know how to program basically in C++, java, javascript, and python.

Every simple program I have made I used on my computer locally. And to do this challenge it seems like I need to access the site where the Dungeon is? How would I also get my program to interact with it? Since my knowledge is pretty spread out and basic, I have no idea where to start when it comes to writing a script for this.

Anyone have any advice? How would I get my program to interact with the web in that sense? And how would I get it do do the actions I need?
"The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
--- Backtrack FTW