Any Good Guide?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
Douglas

Any Good Guide?

Post by Douglas »

hi! I hope it's the right section! XD

I'm an italian boy and I really wish to learn how to be safe on the net and how to be dangerous... i wish to be a wannabe... but I had some problem because, even if I used to visit many hacking site I've never found a good guide to become an hacker... can you help me?

thanks and sorry for grammar mistake! XD
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

I can tell you how to be safe but you must learn on your own...

Use proxies and delete your cookie's after every session

To become a "hacker"

Learn a programming language

start by learning C then move to C++
-these are good starting language's that are pretty basic and many program's are written with

for website development and other such exploitation then learn html/javascript as well as sql
many things can be exploited in a website with experience

use diffrent operating system's like linux. this will salt you up for tech talk.

use opera web browser. (very useful and not alot of exploit's for it either)

Read every damn artical you can on tech forums and website's.

(useful place's)

hackthissite.org
milw0rm.com (even though they hacked us -.-")
irongeek.com (very nice artical's and illustrated video's)

as well as what ever else they link you to.

Read everything!
dont focus all on software exploits, Make sure you know what hardware does this can be very useful so you can build your own pc's

Im not responsible for your possible jail time ok?

also i may not be completly accurate here along with my spelling error's -.-"

im not a "hacker" yet :p
Douglas

Post by Douglas »

thanks for these advice! I have one more question... each person has different "skill"... for example at school there are some subjects where you are better then other... the problem is that for informatic i found vary difficult the Pascal (I don't know if you call it in english) and vary easy VB... my question is: how can I stand if I'm skilled for that? I mean, for me is not a big problem study things that I like but I HATE when I study for notthing... XD
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

Douglas wrote:thanks for these advice! I have one more question... each person has different "skill"... for example at school there are some subjects where you are better then other... the problem is that for informatic i found vary difficult the Pascal (I don't know if you call it in english) and vary easy VB... my question is: how can I stand if I'm skilled for that? I mean, for me is not a big problem study things that I like but I HATE when I study for notthing... XD
if you want to be something you must devote yourself to it 110%

if you find it easyer to work with pascal then study it build programs in it and show other's why it's better

of course exploiting won't happen often because i havent heard of pascal or other programs built in it.

but i wish you the best of luck
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

@koolpop0: milw0rm didn't hack hacker.org, milw0rm is a site when exploits and attacks can be archived. The owner's of the site itself is not responsible for the attack on hacker.org
koolpop0

Post by koolpop0 »

plope0726 wrote:@koolpop0: milw0rm didn't hack hacker.org, milw0rm is a site when exploits and attacks can be archived. The owner's of the site itself is not responsible for the attack on hacker.org
uhh... right

i just figured that guy being a member and all they kinda backed him up or something but w.e
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

koolpop0 wrote:
plope0726 wrote:@koolpop0: milw0rm didn't hack hacker.org, milw0rm is a site when exploits and attacks can be archived. The owner's of the site itself is not responsible for the attack on hacker.org
uhh... right

i just figured that guy being a member and all they kinda backed him up or something but w.e
I still don't think you understand, and I don't intend to sound like an asshole, so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just trying to inform you. milw0rm is an exploit and vulnerability archive site. There are no members to the site, it's not like hacker.org. Basically anyone who finds a vulnerability, or performs and exploit can submit their information to milw0rm, usually anonymously. milw0rm simply archives it. Kinda like how the news reports stories but does not get personally involved (usually).
Zaffron

Post by Zaffron »

kinda like 4chan, except it archives random shit instead of sploitz
Read, know, do. Discuss topics of ANY kind, including unconventional or taboo topics. Free speech, open minds, alternative thinking. http://www.totse2.com
plope0726

Post by plope0726 »

Zaffron wrote:kinda like 4chan, except it archives random shit instead of sploitz
Kinda, but 4chan is a BBS, kinda like a forum, and it is full of random shit. :lol:
SinistraD

Post by SinistraD »

koolpop0 wrote:Use proxies and delete your cookie's after every session
I know it's an old post but I'll tell you, this is not enough, if the site supports long term logins. It stores inside cookies your username and password or a hash of your password, or other codes, so even if your Session ID isn't valid any more, they can identify you.

A few weeks ago a stole some cookies from a website (obviously with XSS, I told the administrator about it, so the bug got fixed, no one was harmed). In that site it was a "remember me" option. I could use those cookies in two ways. Modifying my Session cookie and removing other cookies, this way staying inside until the victim returns or until the ID becomes invalid. The other use was to delete every cookie except the one which was used to identify me, and stay as long as I wanted, because this type of cookie won't lose it's purpose, until one of it's variables aren't changed, in my case the password would that be. I haven't seen the password inside the cookie, it was a hash code of it, not an MD5 one, something which can be decoded, with a given key.

And sorry for my English