Available for help with challenges

therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Challenges have been added over time. This was the upper corner (At the time, the pathway was very linear, and this was considered the end.) Now, there's so many branches, it's harder to say where the "end" is: there's difficult challenges all around.

And Je is STILL unsolved ;-)
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

hahaha very nice! There should be a measure of how 'deep' a challenge is, i.e., the minimum number of challenges we need to solve to arrive on it. Then we could have an idea about the 'further' challenge.

Anyway, if the number of challenges grows more and more we will need to think about a map expansion :D
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

There should be space :P

The whole bottom third (from my view) is largely unpopulated (except for the superhack @ the left). And there's some extremely dense regions -- the map could be done like that.
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

Yeah, the Didactic's section and the area near Maeda Path are a whole mess! In my map I have a large zone slightly north to SuperHack island... and the sector at southeast is blank for me, too (including those three cities, blue, red and purple from left to right).
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Heh... we need to name the sections of land.

Didactic Peninsula
Crypto Valley
Coding Hills
HVM Castle

:P
bsguedes

Post by bsguedes »

hahahahah That would be great! In each 'kingdom', we may have 'boss' challenges! :D

"Crypto Valley" is the best! hahahaha

Ah, let's add SuperHack Wasteland to this list!
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

therethinker wrote:And Je is STILL unsolved ;-)
I feel really close to solving it, but even if I do I won't be able to submit a solution yet - it's vanished from my map, presumably hiding behind something dastardly!
tails

Post by tails »

"Je" has moved to the place just after "It's a Very Small World" on my map, so I think you can also see it.
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

Ah... well, I don't have "It's a Very Small World" any more either.
tails

Post by tails »

Oh, what a pity.
TechnoDemon

Post by TechnoDemon »

the_impaler wrote:The funny part is that some of the problems are easier to get on Linux and some are better to get on Windows. That File Mystery - if you have Linux/FreeBSD around then it's not a mystery.
LOL!
Have you ever heard about 'VM ware' or 'Sun Virtual Box' ???
Install one of them into your machine and it will transform into Dual-OS Computer (you can run 2 chosen OS at the same time, yay!!!)

btw, i solved 'file mistery' using WinRAR file viewer hahaha....
No Pain = Gain
That's how programmer develops...
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

Why bother consuming your resources with VMWare when you can have a free shell?
TechnoDemon

Post by TechnoDemon »

CodeX wrote:Why bother consuming your resources with VMWare when you can have a free shell?
As a newbie hacker, i don't wanna force myself to go into something that i can't.
I wanna learn in effective way, from zero to hero... so there will be a ladder that i must climb...

Btw, I want to ask a question to anyone in this forum. Which checksum is better? MD5 or CRC?
No Pain = Gain
That's how programmer develops...
gsjfoe

help me in listen to me challenges...give me hint..

Post by gsjfoe »

please give me a hint... :( :( ..i don't get it all..
nighthalk

Post by nighthalk »

md5 is less likly to have hash colisions but requires more memory (16 bytes vs 4) and since i use c# for most of my coding it has a built in library to just hash whatever byte[] array you give it. on the plus side crc32 can be compaired as a simple int and even sorted nativly, requires slightly more coding to handle the md5 like that.