Belong to Us

Icho

Belong to Us

Post by Icho »

Can somebody plz confirm that this class-file is able to print out anything?

I think I know what it is supposed to print with the right input. Thing is, it does not print anything.

Am I missing something, or is the file broken?
tails

Post by tails »

Hi. The file is not broken. Probably you are missing something.
Icho

Post by Icho »

Thx for the reply.

So now I got it to print out "ALL YOUR BASE" locally on my PC, but when submitting the solution it always says '' is incorrect.

Am I still doing something wrong?

EDIT: Solved it, still the class file is more accepting then the online checker, I think.
tails

Post by tails »

Hmm? I get: 'ALL YOUR BASE' is correct.
Shoot me a PM with your answer if you want me to check it.

EDIT: Oh, congratulations :-)
megabreit

new fashioned classes?

Post by megabreit »

I'm a bit stuck with these new Java challenges because they don't "cleanly" decompile. Even my Java debugger complains about this (and more classes e.g. Password4). I had no problems with all the other Java classes before, so can somebody put some light on this issue? Obviously it's valid Java, but what's the difference?
Icho

Post by Icho »

That is actually the challenge, the byte code has been obscured to make it harder to reverse engineer.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

I have the same problem as Icho did - prints out ALL YOUR BASE on my computer fine, but I get "'' is incorrect" from the server. I tried getting the server to print out just the letter E and it also didn't do that, even though that also works on my computer :(
There is no spoon.
ctzsm

Post by ctzsm »

laz0r wrote:I have the same problem as Icho did - prints out ALL YOUR BASE on my computer fine, but I get "'' is incorrect" from the server. I tried getting the server to print out just the letter E and it also didn't do that, even though that also works on my computer :(
Try to look deeper into the class file. It's not a very hard challenge.

Good luck.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Hmm, the naming conventions of the class author are really silly :) ...

Grrr, I can see the encodding, the code works as I expect except it outputs nothing :( ... I can invoke whichever error message I want...

OK jode translates better than both javap and jd :) ... or at least using it with the others helps.