Squares.

discuss the engine, rankings, game ideas, and more
DaymItzJack

Squares.

Post by DaymItzJack »

I think it'd be interesting to have a game of squares that our bots would have to solve. A version of the game is located here.

The points won can be like the points you beat the other player by. I'm not quite sure on how many points you get for other bot games but if you do something like (your - their) points added to your overall points (the overall is saved per game), you can make the "overall" points the amount added to their rank.

If a person loses 100 points, -100 points would be added (subtracted) from their hacker.org score.
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

myself and a friend played that game by hand quite a bit a while ago and squares were too easy so we tried some variations, it could be played with anything that tiles such as triangles, hexagons or penrose tilings, then you could have different numbers of points for a tile being related to its number of vertices or similar tile count which would make the game a bit more complex, otherwise it would probably be far too easy for a bot challenge.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

It's easy and that's the point. Any bot however should be able to be adaptable to more than two players though too. Later they can add other shapes as well.
blacksuperman

Didn't get that one..

Post by blacksuperman »

Didn't see how that one worked at all.