What is your highest level of education?

Discussion about hacker.org's server

What is your highest level of education?

Completed Primary School
2%
Some High School
14%
Completed High School
18%
Some University
32%
Completed Bachelors Degree
17%
Completed Masters Degree
18%

Total votes: 131

malachi

Post by malachi »

you left out PhD

Post by 0042 »

plope0726 wrote:Age and "Education-level " mean absolutely nothing imo. It's the want and willingness to learn more that makes hacker what they are. BTW I'm in my mid 20's so I think we have a nice range of ages and experiences on this forum. :D
I totally agree, although it is nice to see the differences in age and ability.

I'm 21, female, and have been enthralled with computers since I first saw one at age 6. Got my first home computer at age 13 and have been self taught since. I seem to have been born with an innate knack for understanding technology and such, as I have never really had to look at instruction manuals to be able to operate a given device. (ie. computers, cell phones, game systems, programming vcr/dvd players, etc.)

I am still teething as far as programming is concerned, but I'm learning slowly but surely and am trying to get into a school to learn more.

I really enjoy computers. So fun to watch people's eyes bug out when I overhear them having trouble with their laptop or cell phone and I just walk up, offer to take a look, and have it solved in 2 minutes or less. xD (of course it then takes 10 minutes to explain what I did to fix it, but it's SO worth it!!)
"If you can read this, you must be really bored!"

Girl Hackers!! Because you don't need a penis to be good with computers!!
-----
Name: Jennifer
Number of n00bz used as cannonfodder: "Now serving #2,364,428!"
alternateblackhat

Post by alternateblackhat »

I am 18 myself, and a lot like 0042, I grew up around computers. Since the age of 5 I was surrounded by computers, by the age of 10 I was building them, and it escalated from there, including home networking and touching some programming.

Post by 0042 »

alternateblackhat wrote:I am 18 myself, and a lot like 0042, I grew up around computers. Since the age of 5 I was surrounded by computers, by the age of 10 I was building them, and it escalated from there, including home networking and touching some programming.
Building them??? Hell... wish I could do that. xD I've always focused more on understanding why and how they work and interact, rather than how to build one. x3

Great job though!! You should do like my uncles and build/repair them for a living! I'd so buy one!
"If you can read this, you must be really bored!"

Girl Hackers!! Because you don't need a penis to be good with computers!!
-----
Name: Jennifer
Number of n00bz used as cannonfodder: "Now serving #2,364,428!"
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

you mean by building them, putting their parts together don't you?

when I first read this on the net I thought they meant building them from scratch like old school guys used to do :D

when I got my first computer I was not that young, I was about 9 or 10 years old and spend the next 5 years playing games :) then I read "How to become a hacker" and I'm in a computer school now :).
--
malachi

Post by malachi »

What's a "computer school"?
If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable.
CodeX

Post by CodeX »

Would computer school happen to mean something like a Computer Science degree course at the University of Damascus by any chance? :P
baha'a

Post by baha'a »

:P
0042 wrote: am trying to get into a school to learn more.
I used here words.

and yes it can mean a CS degree :P
thanks Codex for the clarification :wink:
--
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Yharaskrik wrote:I hope no one laughs at me when I say I am 40...
lol: I was 40 at 2009 :)