Didactic Text 3

LarsH

Post by LarsH »

I'm pretty damn sure, as in sound plaintext sure, that I have the right solution. The form won't accept it though...
gfoot

Post by gfoot »

Depending on interpretation, the last character may be corrupted. Try adding one to it.
LarsH

Post by LarsH »

Worked :)
planke

Post by planke »

someone PN me plz.
need to know if i am on the right way or if i am totally wrong ....
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Any hints, apart from Vi? I'm using windows and therefore unable to use it, despite wanting a linux/unix based computer. It's had me stuck for sometime and i've tryed omparing it to the origional source and also found that each sentence is on a new line - is this key?

Please help

-- T3h laz0r--
There is no spoon.
rmplpmpl

Post by rmplpmpl »

laz0r wrote:Any hints, apart from Vi? I'm using windows and therefore unable to use it, despite wanting a linux/unix based computer. It's had me stuck for sometime and i've tryed omparing it to the origional source and also found that each sentence is on a new line - is this key?

Please help

-- T3h laz0r--
There's vi for Windows, you could also use a Linux live DVD (OS booting from disc) and run vi there - but imho vi is a pain in the ass, you could use any _decent_ text editor (no, notepad is not decent enough, AFAIR, try notepad++ for example)
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

rmplpmpl wrote:
laz0r wrote:Any hints, apart from Vi? I'm using windows and therefore unable to use it, despite wanting a linux/unix based computer. It's had me stuck for sometime and i've tryed omparing it to the origional source and also found that each sentence is on a new line - is this key?

Please help

-- T3h laz0r--
There's vi for Windows, you could also use a Linux live DVD (OS booting from disc) and run vi there - but imho vi is a pain in the ass, you could use any _decent_ text editor (no, notepad is not decent enough, AFAIR, try notepad++ for example)
Is gedit good enough?
There is no spoon.
rmplpmpl

Post by rmplpmpl »

laz0r wrote:
rmplpmpl wrote:

Please help

-- T3h laz0r--
Is gedit good enough?
Haven't used it, but I am pretty confident, it is good enough.
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

Notepad is good enough, just you need to look closely. DOne it now =]
There is no spoon.
Cognition

Post by Cognition »

I found some commas which do not exist in original source. Is it a clue?
alalkeimst

Post by alalkeimst »

Also stuck here for some time. Found the differences but there is just not to much to make of them. Any other hint would be appreciated!
moose

Post by moose »

I just got some weird results with diff, colordiff and http://www.textdiff.com/ ...

Edit: now I've tried also sdiff. Any "diff"-Programs missing?
Edit2: bdiff ... but it seems to be like diff.
General_Payne

cracked it! or not

Post by General_Payne »

Well iv got to 'the answer is '... then a word relating to chocolate and a cuckoo but instead of the repeated letter i would expect i have 'g9' and some excess binary. If anyone could help please do...
iv tried all the sensible options of an answer from what i have.

If you pm the answer a guess at why i have what i do would be appreciated.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

There is a small error in this challenge, the very last letter of the answer is not encoded 100% correctly.
General_Payne

Solved

Post by General_Payne »

Well i appear to have made a small error with it anyway. By starting from scratch i got a longer code and yes when i sorted the last didget it worked, but im sure i tried the correct answer before and it wouldnt take it? oh well.