Anybody Out There?

AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Hm, what kind of algorithm would take two input values and produce twelve as output? Off the bat, I can't seem to think of one.
DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

AMindForeverVoyaging wrote:Hm, what kind of algorithm would take two input values and produce twelve as output? Off the bat, I can't seem to think of one.
A custom one...? Or a custom twelve...? I doubt this is anything known, it is just a made up challenge.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Yeah, that is what I think as well. I might be wrong but it does seem like the most probable option.
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

If i get the error from the line 22 for the 2nd and 3rd parameter it means that i am on the right track and all i have to do is to find out what is the 12 numbers represent? Probably it's something like an rgbaxy from 3 sources?
laz0r

Post by laz0r »

helly0d wrote:If i get the error from the line 22 for the 2nd and 3rd parameter it means that i am on the right track and all i have to do is to find out what is the 12 numbers represent? Probably it's something like an rgbaxy from 3 sources?
Errors are just errors - given that you're grabbing the web page so many times, it's not too surprising that there would be an error at some point. Refresh the page and it should clear the error.
There is no spoon.
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

I wasn't talking about those kind of errors. For certain values the page always returns errors in the "imagecolorat" function for the 2nd if the first input is a letter for e.g. and at the 3rd parameter if the 2nd input is a letter.
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

There are two parameters, not three. Why they are apparently named "parameter 2" and "parameter 3" in the error text, I have not the slightest idea. Might just be a misnomer. Or a hint. Who knows.

In any case, the text "expects parameter to be long" seems to indicate to me that, y'know, one might be supposed to enter numbers there. Not letters. :)
helly0d

Post by helly0d »

There are two parameters, not three. Why they are apparently named "parameter 2" and "parameter 3" in the error text, I have not the slightest idea. Might just be a misnomer. Or a hint. Who knows.
There are actually 3 parameters $image, $x and $y. Probably this is a hint ( so please remove this post if it is ) but there should be something relevant here, who knows ? 2 parameters might be the coordinates for the colors of 4 pictures, but values such as 1000 in the 12 set is not a valid color over RGB system.