Execution Style

MatRush

Post by MatRush »

klogk wrote:
MatRush wrote:
aurora wrote:mmm ... i am apparently missing something ... do i have to have in-depth knowledge about the fileformat? (MZ/PE) i seem to be unable to get any file out of this with MD5 8081... nor am i able to execute it nor does any disassembler / inspector i am aware of know how to handle the file i have ...
You only need to recognize some file header, and if you on the right track, you will get a file with an icon.

Do any tools I need to extract the icon?
No,it's just a file icon.
klogk

Post by klogk »

MatRush wrote:
klogk wrote:
MatRush wrote: You only need to recognize some file header, and if you on the right track, you will get a file with an icon.

I had analysed the file header, and I think I know what you mean by "icon" and what icon it is. But when I changed the filename extension, the "icon" expected does not appear. The file is not executable. Any other steps is needed after extracting data from the png file? Or is there redundancy in the png file?
MatRush

Post by MatRush »

klogk wrote:
MatRush wrote:
klogk wrote:
I had analysed the file header, and I think I know what you mean by "icon" and what icon it is. But when I changed the filename extension, the "icon" expected does not appear. The file is not executable. Any other steps is needed after extracting data from the png file? Or is there redundancy in the png file?
There're several steps of solve it, I remember that the icon only appered after you done the final step.