Find me

DaymItzJack

Post by DaymItzJack »

satfreak666 wrote:
DaymItzJack wrote:Just solved this challenge, I have to say it's pretty stupid. Not only did you have you fix the numbers some how (or I just don't understand it correctly), the numbers given weren't even really close to the answer at all and I once again just guessed and found out I was correct.
Actually the coordinates resolve to an "x" ...
I didn't get an X. Maybe I just failed correctly. Either way, pretty stupid challenge =/
kordosoft

Post by kordosoft »

too easy...
kordosoft
destiny

Post by destiny »

Hmm I've been stuck trying to fix the co-ordinates for a while. I've tried lots of combinations of shifting the decimal place, shifting the starting point for the E co-ordinates, even negative co-ordinates but I don't see any meaningful X marker. Any possible hints for what I'm doing right/wrong?

Also, some of you must have been really lucky to guess the answer, since I think it must be a city or island!
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

destiny wrote:Any possible hints for what I'm doing right/wrong?
There might be an error or ambiguity with the given coordinates. Here is what I wrote in the Challenges Solved section, minus the solution itself of course:
I wonder what the *real* proper decoding of the coordinates is supposed to be. I have tried some variations of North/South, since all of the coordinates are close to the equator and it's not really clear which point is supposed to be above, or below. Oh well.
Also,
destiny wrote:since I think it must be a city or island!
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner! :D
destiny

Post by destiny »

I finally solved this thanks to a couple of people and it seems that my original instincts were correct. The only thing that makes me rage was trying to fix the coordinates, I spent way too much time on that because I was fixated on one wrong idea.
Tenebrar

Post by Tenebrar »

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but no way are these coordinates forming an X, and if they did, it'd be above the ocean, with no island or city in sight.
Any hint on what's "wrong" with the coordinates would be greatly appreciated
AMindForeverVoyaging
Forum Admin

Post by AMindForeverVoyaging »

Tenebrar wrote:I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but no way are these coordinates forming an X, and if they did, it'd be above the ocean, with no island or city in sight.
Any hint on what's "wrong" with the coordinates would be greatly appreciated

There is an information missing in the data which is originally given in this challenge. So that you have to fill in yourself. You can start with ShadowWidow's post in this thread, and work from there. Google Earth is useful for this challenge.