Please help me to solve 'Don't Blink' challenge

dorahan

Please help me to solve 'Don't Blink' challenge

Post by dorahan »

Anyone can help me to solve this challenge? I don't have any idea.. This challenge is so tricky. Please help me.. thanks..
~� dorahan �~
HkRkoz al KuwaiT 2019 HaCkEr 101
whattheh@ck

Post by whattheh@ck »

haven't solved this one yet, but if it's any help i noticed that the url changes from "http://www.hacker.org/challenge/misc/one.php" to "http://www.hacker.org/challenge/misc/two.php"
i tried to telnet the source code for the original url but it only came up with an error message.
hack the planet
MichaBln

Post by MichaBln »

Hi,
whattheh@ck noticed the important thing, now if you code PHP you should have seen an errormessage like "Cannot send ... blabla ... output started at ....".

This should give you the idea where the answer NOT IS.

And then there are some pages in the internet that help you examine the place where the answer is.
Of course you could examine it yourself ... but its not neccessary.

Hope that helped you whthout spoiling it too much.
chrjue

Post by chrjue »

Sorry, but i don't understand the whole thing.

If the redirect is coded in php, i have no chance to see the source (i.e. /one.php).
And i do know, where the answer not is: two.php

If there are "some pages" on the internet to examine ".../one.php", i have no idea what you mean. I hope you don't ask to perform a port scan...

I am at my wits end now, and I'd be glad if you would spoil a bit more ...

[Edit:] Found the answer - no port scan is needed. Instead you indeed have to analyze a web page with some internet-based (and free) service. Just guess the page and the service.
W1zard

Post by W1zard »

I'm wondering which tool I should use. I tried about 20 different ones and they're all useless. There was only one that was able to understand what was actually going on. But that didn't help much.
therethinker

Post by therethinker »

Standard unix tools (wget or curl) work just fine -- they just need the right options ;-)
snibril

Post by snibril »

"telnet" is your friend.
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

I solved the Challenge with wget. I did not have any idea what to do and which options where necessary. Then I tried some optioncombo i found in the man-page.
flothespider

Post by flothespider »

use firebug->the N******-Tab :D
karma-fusebox

Post by karma-fusebox »

wannabe wrote:I solved the Challenge with wget. I did not have any idea what to do and which options where necessary. Then I tried some optioncombo i found in the man-page.
same here, but not quite an option-combo - a single option does the trick.

good challenge though, found the solution by accident, not through know-how.. :D
Masti6

Post by Masti6 »

'wget' Doesn't do the trick for me. I've tried several options, combos, etc, but it still only writes the two.php instead of one.php...
And I just found out that I could even print the same result with Pyhton alot easier, BUT with still no answer.
M04R H3LP PL0X
thewino

Post by thewino »

flothespider win
fragman

Post by fragman »

took me a while, but it really is simple... wget is by far enough, you just need the right switch and the ability to read
ponzellus

Post by ponzellus »

if you know how HTTP requests are done, telnet is your fastest solution. If not, it helps you learn some parts of the HTT Protocol, use telnet :)
lcdtopcon

Post by lcdtopcon »

thank you all for the helpful tips, I find that I overlooked the information returned after the request. A tip from me: Don't be desperate to get one.html from one.php , the answer is not there and it's not possible this time after all