Having programming do math for you?

Discussion about hacker.org's server
WhiteKnight

Having programming do math for you?

Post by WhiteKnight »

I wonder if you guy ever programmed a tool that solve the repeating math question for you. I just recently did it for my assignment and ace it. ;)

So do you guy ever have programming do the math for you?
ReMiiX

Post by ReMiiX »

I am in Algebra 2 and i make some programs that graph absolute value functions and other things.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

Lol, didn't use Wikipedia as much since people said it isn't a reliable site. :)
canine

Post by canine »

WhiteKnight wrote:Lol, didn't use Wikipedia as much since people said it isn't a reliable site. :)
Except government sites published by first world countries, you can't get much more reliable than Wikipedia.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

Wikipedia is your first piece of information that you use to find out what something "is". It is sure as hell more reliable than this website, but if that isn't enough you can use google....
WhiteKnight

Post by WhiteKnight »

If what you said were true, then why every time student have a project from school cannot use Wikipedia, but other sites?

Curious about this issue. ;)
canine

Post by canine »

WhiteKnight wrote:If what you said were true, then why every time student have a project from school cannot use Wikipedia, but other sites?

Curious about this issue. ;)
People are stupid tools. People hype stuff up.

The checks in place at Wikipedia make it perfectly adequate. If your school tells you not to use Wikipedia, that's fine. They told me that too, but I feel that they're wrong.
Allosentient

Post by Allosentient »

There is always the possibility that some of the "less-watched" articles are incorrect, or horribly biased (such as a page about a certain company or group that may have too many good things to say about themselves). You are not going to find problems with the World War II article, and probably most computer articles also.
canine

Post by canine »

Allosentient wrote:There is always the possibility that some of the "less-watched" articles are incorrect, or horribly biased (such as a page about a certain company or group that may have too many good things to say about themselves). You are not going to find problems with the World War II article, and probably most computer articles also.
Right. And such poor articles are usually marked as such.